New Canon EOS R3 orders may take up to 6 months to fulfill

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The global chip shortage doesn’t appear to be letting up any time soon. It’s looking more and more like these issues may run well into 2022, if not longer.
Canon has issued an official statement saying that new orders for the Canon EOS R3 may take up to 6 months to deliver.
From Canon Japan
Currently, we have received orders for each of the following products in excess of expectations, and due to the impact of global parts supply, delivery delays are occurring. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to our customers and business partners.
The products are scheduled to be shipped one by one, but it is expected that it will take a lot of time for the new camera body EOS R3 and RF lens RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM.
Affected...

Continue reading...

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Interesting that Panamoz already have stock and are £450 cheaper than the UK price
As the 14-35 is also readily available here and there were Black Friday deals, I have a theory that the demand is actually low and Canon is trying to drive it up like happens when the rumour gets around that bog roll will be in short supply. ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I've received my pre-order the same day, on Nov 26th.
Tip: sign up for your free CPS membership on https://www.canon-europe.com/pro/canon-professional-services because it seems that Canon serves CPS members first.
I'm CPS Gold Platinum level, I preordered on April 14th, first day I could, and I haven't received the offer to pick up my R3.

I spoke to "the other pro dealer" here in Denmark, and the shop assistant said that they only got 1 (one!) R3 on Nov 26th.

@twoheadedboy I'm afraid that your statement is not correct. Here in Denmark we could preorder on the day that the development announcement was made, and I did. As I recall @neuroanatomist and others in the US did exactly the same.

Edit: turns out I'm actually Platinum level :rolleyes:
And I stand corrected about the US preorder date. Honestly, it wasn't high on my attention list ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
@twoheadedboy I'm afraid that your statement is not correct. Here in Denmark we could preorder on the day that the development announcement was made, and I did. As I recall @neuroanatomist and others in the US did exactly the same.
Nope. I know some smaller dealers were accepting preorders months before, but Canon USA and the major US retailers didn’t start taking preorders until the official launch on 14-Sep.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Alex784

EOS R3
Jan 9, 2020
Canada
I'm CPS Gold level, I preordered on April 14th, first day I could, and I haven't received the offer to pick up my R3.
Maybe it also depends on the market size and NA has placed more pre-orders than EMEA, I really don't know. My (pretty big) retailer told me that the delivery priority was also depending on how many preorders a country or a shop had received. Also, I've pre-ordered a 28-70 f2 and received both at the same time. I live in Canada but I am CPS Gold level in Europe. Yes, my EMEA membership is not really valid in NA, but so far, I've received my pre-orders the same day (I traded-in my 1DX3 and a whole bunch of EF-mount L lenses, but I kept the gifts which were coming with 1DX3: 512G CF card, CF reader and a spare battery. Btw, there was no gift for purchasing a EOS R3 in my case).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0