5D MkIII + Konova K2 Slider + Bboying (Breakdancing)

Cool video! I've got the Konova K3 myself. Really works well when you put something in the foreground to give more reference to the movement. I thought the dancer was pretty talented as well. It would have been REALLY cool if you got a portable LED light setup (for the darker shots) and put it as high as you could but aimed down and got a dramatic spotlight effect.

Good job!

Upvote 0
JLRoyal42 said:
Cool video! I've got the Konova K3 myself. Really works well when you put something in the foreground to give more reference to the movement. I thought the dancer was pretty talented as well. It would have been REALLY cool if you got a portable LED light setup (for the darker shots) and put it as high as you could but aimed down and got a dramatic spotlight effect.

Good job!

Thanks for the feedback and totally agree with that whole foreground object thing. LED Lights are a bit out of my budget at the moment, but it's a future purchase :D. I kinda wanted to emphasize that he danced until the sun went down, but yeah. The last few shows were a bit too dark. We were running out of time and I didn't record enough footage.

Upvote 0
To be honest, I bought this portable LED light from Ephoto. I was sort of skeptical at first, since most portable LED's on low budget don't produce much light at all but this thing has come in handy!

http://www.ephotoinc.com/professional-led-light-312-led-bicolor-changing-dimmable-light-pa312.html

Its $160.. But it comes with 2 batteries, you can dim the light & also change it from a yellow tone to a white tone.
It comes with a grip handle that you can attach or it can go on the camera. This light has saved me multiple times being in the middle of nowhere an still being able to shoot very low ISOs because I had this on me. Comes in a nice bag and you can carry it anywhere or in a backpack. I definitely recommend it, and actually if you look at the topic above or below this one, I posted a video w/ my T3I using this light at night.

Upvote 0
JLRoyal42 said:
To be honest, I bought this portable LED light from Ephoto. I was sort of skeptical at first, since most portable LED's on low budget don't produce much light at all but this thing has come in handy!

http://www.ephotoinc.com/professional-led-light-312-led-bicolor-changing-dimmable-light-pa312.html

Its $160.. But it comes with 2 batteries, you can dim the light & also change it from a yellow tone to a white tone.
It comes with a grip handle that you can attach or it can go on the camera. This light has saved me multiple times being in the middle of nowhere an still being able to shoot very low ISOs because I had this on me. Comes in a nice bag and you can carry it anywhere or in a backpack. I definitely recommend it, and actually if you look at the topic above or below this one, I posted a video w/ my T3I using this light at night.

Thanks for showing me this. Sounds good for the price, and it's a very budget-friendly price :O.

Upvote 0
Aug 11, 2010
nice choice of music to go with the video, hope you follow up with more stuff. I agree with JLRoyal42 about thinking more about the light, even if you don't have the money for a artificial light, think about using the sun and what time of day and location to shoot in order to get maximum effect out of the largest free lighting source in the solar system. lots of really excellent footage out there shot natural lighting only.

Upvote 0