5D3 Live View exposure off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got back my 5D3 from CPS after dropping it. Everything was fine until I went to take some macro shots using Live View. Exposure seems way way off. It looks fine on screen, but comes out about 100 times darker than it should. If I take it off Live View and shoot regular, exposure is exactly what I want. Doing this on another 5D3 I don't have this problem.

It seems really weird to me this would be happening, and I'll probably just send it back to CPS for checking out, but I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this and if they resolved it on their own.

Thanks,
-Chris

chrisdeckard said:
I recently got back my 5D3 from CPS after dropping it. Everything was fine until I went to take some macro shots using Live View. Exposure seems way way off. It looks fine on screen, but comes out about 100 times darker than it should. If I take it off Live View and shoot regular, exposure is exactly what I want. Doing this on another 5D3 I don't have this problem.

It seems really weird to me this would be happening, and I'll probably just send it back to CPS for checking out, but I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this and if they resolved it on their own.

Thanks,
-Chris
If the setting for exposure stimulation is off, the LV doesn't show the exposure you set. It just display the screen with "correct" exposure for you to focus and compose.
The best setting is to set exposure stimulation is off and only activate upon pressing DOF Preview button. If exposure stimulation is set to always on, it's hard to shoot in low light condition.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.