5D3 Shutter is sticking. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cinemEYEs VP

Hey guys. All of the sudden I am having problems after taking a few pictures. When I turn on the camera I can see through the viewfinder and can snap a pic, it appears on the screen, I tap the shutter button to take another picture and all I can see is black, the AF motor searches but it can't find anything.

(This happens in RAW, JPEG, B,M,Av,Tv,P.... Sometimes on normal and normal high speed and every time on the silent modes...)

Whats weird is the problem does not happen on C1-C3...

I have messed around with all the setting and can't come to a solid conclusion on how to fix...

Any ideas???

C

cinemEYEs VP

neuroanatomist said:
Sounds like you've enabled Mirror Lock Up. See p.184 in the manual.

No that's not it. I wish it was. Mirror lock up is definitely off. The problem doesn't happen every time.

I can take pictures almost problem free on the normal and high speed drive settings. The problem really only occurs on the silent drive settings.

(it's also happening on the C1-3 settings as well.)

Upvote 0

Mt Spokane Photography

Canon Rumors Premium
Mar 25, 2011
cinemEYEs VP said:
neuroanatomist said:

No that's not it. I wish it was. Mirror lock up is definitely off. The problem doesn't happen every time.

I can take pictures almost problem free on the normal and high speed drive settings. The problem really only occurs on the silent drive settings.

Silent shooting mode 2 will lock the mirror up until you press the shutter again.

Upvote 0
C

cinemEYEs VP

Mt Spokane Photography said:
cinemEYEs VP said:
neuroanatomist said:

Silent shooting mode 2 will lock the mirror up until you press the shutter again.

It does it in both silent mode 1 and 2 and the shutter does not release the mirror... The only way to release it is to turn it back to the normal drive modes, go to live view and then turn off live view

Upvote 0

Mt Spokane Photography

Canon Rumors Premium
Mar 25, 2011
cinemEYEs VP said:
It does it in both silent mode 1 and 2 and the shutter does not release the mirror... The only way to release it is to turn it back to the normal drive modes, go to live view and then turn off live view
I'd say you have a camera malfunction, try a camera reset, and if it still persists, its back to Canon it goes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.