7D MK II adjustments

Hey Gang.. Opinion Time..
I have pushed my 7D2 Hard in 2017 with close to 95k images and will exceed 100k by year end.
Alot of Burst shots for Sports and Birds!.

Anyone recall the life cycle for the shutter? This is a 2 year old body now and I will almost have 200k shutter trips.

Just what I'm asking should I send it into CPS for general cleaning/adjustments being we are going into holidays?

No major issues except using GPS (obtaining lock on satilite)

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
You can send it to CPS for a clean and check, but that is no guarantee the shutter won't die the next week. They are going to check the current functions on the camera and clean the sensor, but they won't be able to predict when the shutter will die. Likely that the 200,000 figure is a conservative estimate, but you never know.

You can choose to have the shutter replaced before it fails, or you can wait until it fails. Decision depends on your personal needs, how long you intend to keep the camera and how lucky you feel.

Upvote 0
unfocused said:
You can send it to CPS for a clean and check, but that is no guarantee the shutter won't die the next week. They are going to check the current functions on the camera and clean the sensor, but they won't be able to predict when the shutter will die. Likely that the 200,000 figure is a conservative estimate, but you never know.

You can choose to have the shutter replaced before it fails, or you can wait until it fails. Decision depends on your personal needs, how long you intend to keep the camera and how lucky you feel.

That is true. Statistically speaking, about %36 survive past 200K actuation and %13 past 400K. Optimistically these are good numbers, but pessimistically, about %64 will die premature, and the odds that it dies premature is about twice as much towards the end of the life cycle. Conclusion: better get it checked.

Upvote 0