A-10s , F-16 and Warthogs!

davechng

Military Aviation Photography
Sep 17, 2015
Dallas TX
www.airwingspotter.com
we have 4 A-10 from 357th FS visiting our TX base for a week! on Dec 8th, we caught an F-35B testing the VSTOL and an Iraqi F16IQ. unfortunalty miss the F-35B from Royal Navy testing by a day! she did not fly the day I was photographing...
Detail and more pictures here please click this site
http://airwingspotter.com/hogs-vipers-herki-birds-and-lightnings-12-8-2015/

Cheers!

DaveC
http://www.airwingspotter.com

AWS_8167_zpsklzx7z9k.jpg

AWS_8073_zpsyjhzcsso.jpg

f35b%20vmfa121%20hover_zpsrffdpsjt.jpg

AWS_8677_zpsckkdbkts.jpg

AcutancePhotography said:
The A-10 is a beautiful aircraft.

By any chance have you been the beneficiary of close ground support by a Warthog?
It's ugly as sin, but grunts love em.

On an other note I once saw a close formation flying display by a national guard outfit flying Warthogs at the Hamilton Air show. One of the most spectacular displays I have ever seen. They flew, low, slow and closer, than I have ever seen airplanes together. A truly remarkable (but ugly) aircraft. ;D

Upvote 0
jthomson said:
AcutancePhotography said:
The A-10 is a beautiful aircraft.

By any chance have you been the beneficiary of close ground support by a Warthog?
It's ugly as sin, but grunts love em.

On an other note I once saw a close formation flying display by a national guard outfit flying Warthogs at the Hamilton Air show. One of the most spectacular displays I have ever seen. They flew, low, slow and closer, than I have ever seen airplanes together. A truly remarkable (but ugly) aircraft. ;D

The Air Force should retire all warthogs! Give them to the Army, who will fly them in close air support for the next 50 years. The warthog is as enduring and effective at close air support as the B-52 is at bombing and giving it up is ridicules.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
davechng said:
we have 4 A-10 from 357th FS visiting our TX base for a week! on Dec 8th, we caught an F-35B testing the VSTOL and an Iraqi F16IQ. unfortunalty miss the F-35B from Royal Navy testing by a day! she did not fly the day I was photographing...

Cheers!

DaveC
Love the heat shimmy on the last shot. Bravo!

Upvote 0
that last picture shows why the F-35 is going to be a flop. It's trying to be all things to all people.
The A-10 was brilliant (but ugly) as it was designed to fulfill one role and it does it very well. The army and the marines know that help has arrived and is there to stay when an A-10 shows up. It also survives in an AA missile environment much better than the attack helicopters the army was counting on.

Upvote 0