a casual commercial on 5D3

bp

Jun 1, 2011
Dude, I fucking hate commercials, but this was great. The only shots that really showed the weakness of the camera(s) were the wide shots of the kid in the yard. The opening shot looked a bit blocky too(But that might be Youtube).

All that aside, the commercial was awesome. The kids was a total spaz, and its perfect. I loved it when he falls down while out of focus at the very end. Very well done for one days work.

Upvote 0

bp

Jun 1, 2011
HurtinMinorKey said:
Dude, I F______ hate commercials, but this was great. The only shots that really showed the weakness of the camera(s) were the wide shots of the kid in the yard. The opening shot looked a bit blocky too(But that might be Youtube).

All that aside, the commercial was awesome. The kids was a total spaz, and its perfect. I loved it when he falls down while out of focus at the very end. Very well done for one days work.

Thanks - Yeah, youtube's compression drives me nuts. The uncompressed version is smooth as buttah. The wide shots out into the yard were through a slightly dirty window - it is sort of a jarring difference in look. I tried to open it for like 10 minutes, but it was about to break (and it was my in-laws' house, so wasn't gonna go there) - but wanted it to be true POV... In an ideal situation or with more time I woulda mocked up a fake window pane for the foreground, no glass, but we just had to keep things moving bc the kids were losing interest by the minute and I was working on the kindness of family

LOL - yeah, if there's one thing my son is good at, it's spazzing out. He's got the face of an angel, so now I just need to find some more casting situations that call for an adorable spaz. heh

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
bp said:
Fantastic - still in the voting period, and now the video won't load/play.

Are other people just getting a ! (exclamation mark)?

WOw....very nice!!

It looked very smooth to me on YouTube...not blocky at all. I made sure to boost the viewing resolution on the youtube video to 1080p....and it looks smooth as silk to me....even full screen.

Upvote 0

bp

Jun 1, 2011
HurtinMinorKey said:
Congrats! You totally got robbed though. You're video was vastly superior to the winner.

Funny, in the back of my brain, there's a little voice that keeps repeating that same thing.
The voice in the front of my brain tells it to be quiet and be thankful! No point in complaining or questioning their decision.
The voice in the altruistic part of my brain, wherever the heck that is, says I'll bet the guy in the winning video needs the 1st place money more than I do.

Upvote 0