A little help with DxO please.

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Folks.
I have been experimenting with DxO and so far I really like it, really impressed with the auto capabilities but I could use a bit of help please.
I unchecked the download new profiles automatically and cannot find where to enable it again. Also I see a part of the installation called database, is this just for profiles, or is this where it stores all of my adjustments? I ask because I have a small Windows drive which I try to keep clean so that a windows reinstall does not have any impact on files I create, therefore I don't have space for a large database and would want photo adjustments on the drive with the photos.
Thank you for any help.

Cheers Graham.

Jul 21, 2010
On the Mac, in Preferences > General there's a tickbox for "Automatically show the DxO Optics Modules download window." On the DxO Modules menu > Download missing DxO Optics Modules, there's a tickbox at the bottom to "Automatically show this window."

I believe the database does store your adjustments. Personally, I don't keep the files in DxO anyway, so after I finish editing a batch, I select all the images and use File menu > Sidecars > Export to save a copy of the edits for each RAW file in the folder with the images. Then, I can simply Import the sidecar(s) for images I want to revisit later.

Upvote 0