A new EOS R system camera is coming in January [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS-1D X Mark III
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon EOS R3 will be announced in the next 10 days or so, along with two affordable RF mount lenses, the RF 16mm f/2.8 STM/USM (AF motor is unknown at this time), and the RF 100-400mm f/5.6-7.1 IS USM compact telephoto zoom.
As always with rumors sites, my readers want to know what’s coming next, almost immediately.
I now know that an EOS R system camera is coming in January, and it may not be the EOS R5c. The EOS R5c has been rumored for quite some time, but I’m not sure whether or not it will be considered a Cinema EOS camera body from sources.
The new camera in January may be a bit controversial for some Canon shooters according to the source.
“January is going to bring a camera that will annoy a lot of the fanboys” – according to a good source.
I’ll be honest, I enjoy a nice...

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 user

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
aps-h

bwahahahahahahahaha...you have got to admit, it would be a fanboi disruptor.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Sep 19, 2015
My prediction: a retro-styled camera to bite off Fuji's market share and compete with the a7C and ZFC. Think Canon AE1 design but digital. Nothing annoys fanboys more than form over function.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
My prediction: a retro-styled camera to bite off Fuji's market share and compete with the a7C and ZFC. Think Canon AE1 design but digital. Nothing annoys fanboys more than form over function.
Because it went over so well with Nikon.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Are you kidding... I so wish the R3 was APS-H
Before the DR fights, before the 18 MP 1.6 crop battles, before the mirrorless debates and before Canon is doooomed was coined there were The APS-H Wars.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

bergstrom

Photographer
Feb 23, 2015
Maybe 16K @30fbs, where the camera can burst into flames and doubles as a heater.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

tooyoung225

I'm New Here
Aug 20, 2021
Who are we kidding…It doesn't matter what it is bc ironically, the fanboys will always find something to be annoyed with.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

JohnC

EOS RP
CR Pro
Sep 22, 2019
Gainesville,GA
Wasn’t the high MP body originally rumored for 2021? I’m not sure why that would upset fanboys however…unless the fanboys referenced aren’t Canon fanboys.

Reactions: 1 users

FrenchFry

Wildlife enthusiast!
Jun 14, 2020
A super low res and low-light camera?

Or the cheap $800 full frame one?

Or APS-C with RF mount?

A body with no mechanical shutter?

A high MP version of the R3?

A camera that requires an extra fee to unlock certain features like 8k video?

An R5 with better heat sink and cooling?

So many options!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users