A shot my wife grabbed while I was shooting the bride and groom

Wanted to share one of my favorite shots from 2014 - that my wife took - while I was shooting a wedding on Michigan ave in Chicago, IL. She said she was trying to get some blur action behind us, then saw this crazy vehicle coming and was frantically adjusting her camera to try to capture the madness. She got her settings just in time. And for reference also attached is the shot I took - not great. Wifey showed me up.

5D MII
f/32
1/20 sec
ISO 400

Attachments

• editorial-wedding-photography-01.jpg
    editorial-wedding-photography-01.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 412
  • editorial-wedding-photography-02.jpg
    editorial-wedding-photography-02.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 370

Besisika

How can you stand out, if you do like evrybdy else
Mar 25, 2014
Montreal
jepabst said:
Wanted to share one of my favorite shots from 2014 - that my wife took - while I was shooting a wedding on Michigan ave in Chicago, IL. She said she was trying to get some blur action behind us, then saw this crazy vehicle coming and was frantically adjusting her camera to try to capture the madness. She got her settings just in time.

5D MII
f/32
1/20 sec
ISO 400
Fantastic!
You sure she isn't better than you?
Just joking ....
The first is one of a kind.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2014
Besisika said:
jepabst said:
Wanted to share one of my favorite shots from 2014 - that my wife took - while I was shooting a wedding on Michigan ave in Chicago, IL. She said she was trying to get some blur action behind us, then saw this crazy vehicle coming and was frantically adjusting her camera to try to capture the madness. She got her settings just in time.

5D MII
f/32
1/20 sec
ISO 400
Fantastic!
You sure she isn't better than you?
Just joking ....
The first is one of a kind.

Lol

Upvote 0
Is this the husband/wife team that shoots Canon and Nikon? (One half of the team each dedicated to a different camera system?)

Maybe that explains the vast difference in photography styles and why one shot has such poor color saturation. (It almost looks sepia or monochrome!) LOL!

Seriously, this is a fun thread. Is it just me or does the jepabst shot in front of the bride/groom with the skyline and street behind them almost have a 3D, sort of toy perspective like the couple were "dropped into" the scene in photoshop? Don't get me wrong, it's a great shot, I'm just wondering how you got the shot to have sort of a surreal quality to it. Twilight Zone perhaps?

Upvote 0