Add Photo Printing Forum

I am just now coming across this because it is just about what I was going to suggest. I hope this can gain some traction and I have a further suggestion to hopefully nudge the CR folks.

Specifically, under "Technique and Advice" where there are now 4 subgroups, I'd add a new one called

Presentment of Photos and Videos
Discuss issues relating to presentment of still images and videos including printing and projection techniques and technical issues relating to publishing images on Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, or other similar websites.

... the reasons I phase it that way is because I see no obvious place to inquire about Flickr and some of the finer details of using it and publishing there. (It's not really post processing and it's not software and accessories either.) The topics could be as varied as how to build a wood picture frame to how to manage EXIF data on Flickr. "Presentment" of images and video could be wide enough to warrant a new section.

Upvote 0

wsmith96

Advancing Amateur
Aug 17, 2012
Texas
I would be interested in this. I'm starting to print more now that I have photos worth printing:) and I have questions on printer calibration, icc profiles etc. I've used a spyderprint studio on my HP 9180.(yes old but good output) and I still can't get the colors to match what is on the screen. I think a forum covering printing is a great idea!

Upvote 0