Adobe adds support for the Canon EOS R3 and more

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
It's currently 3am and I'm killing time on the computer while photos and videos upload for a client. I start researching ACR support for RF14-35 and discovered that it was launched TODAY...and it included a WHOLE bunch of great stuff for us Canon shooters. LOL I kinda wish I knew this before I exported the current photos, but I needed to get them done before the update to be safe. I don't think I could be happier about this news!!

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Has anyone had a play with the new masking tools in Lightroom? They are great!
This has been my biggest wish for years. I like it even better than layers in photoshop. Really outstanding. The ability to combine masks, and do the next one as additive or subtractive is just enormous. Especially for those few files I waste a lot of time on, it'll significantly reduce the time it takes, and make the results better.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Considering supply chain issues in the world, the better question might be "Who is getting the R3 a month from now?"
I'll go out on a limb and predict that most first-day preorders will be fulfilled at the end of November. I'm basing that on:
  • Canon seems to have its camera supply chain issues mostly under control. Canon Price Watch is showing the R, RP, R5 and R6 all in stock at major retailers. Lenses are another story.
  • Preorders for the super popular RF 16mm were fulfilled.
  • The RF 100-400 is still available at some retailers.
  • It's what I want to happen, :)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
This has been my biggest wish for years. I like it even better than layers in photoshop. Really outstanding. The ability to combine masks, and do the next one as additive or subtractive is just enormous. Especially for those few files I waste a lot of time on, it'll significantly reduce the time it takes, and make the results better.
Agree. To me it’s almost fun to edit again, I was beginning to dread my time in Lightroom, now I am refreshed. The next thing they need to add is noise reduction that’s as good as pureraw.

Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
Agree. To me it’s almost fun to edit again, I was beginning to dread my time in Lightroom, now I am refreshed. The next thing they need to add is noise reduction that’s as good as pureraw.
The changes are pretty good (and the added presets look interesting too). The LR updates should now mean I only need to use PS itself for significant clone-stamp and eraser functions - I still find LR spot removal pretty useless except for actual spots!

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
The changes are pretty good (and the added presets look interesting too). The LR updates should now mean I only need to use PS itself for significant clone-stamp and eraser functions - I still find LR spot removal pretty useless except for actual spots!
Agree. In fact I feel the cloning / healing has gotten worse in Lightroom. Maybe it’s just the expectations from PS.

Upvote 0

dlee13

Canon EOS R6
May 13, 2014
Australia
Has anyone had a play with the new masking tools in Lightroom? They are great!
I've personally struggled with them. I got used to the way the old ones worked and I know the update is better and much more useful/powerful, it will just take some time to get used to how to do it again for me lol. This is mainly for luminosity masks.

Upvote 0
I've personally struggled with them. I got used to the way the old ones worked and I know the update is better and much more useful/powerful, it will just take some time to get used to how to do it again for me lol. This is mainly for luminosity masks.
Probably depends on what you shoot and how you like to process. I played around with a photo from my recent Karijini trip that I had processed using luminosity masks in the previous version of LR and then re did it from scratch using the new tools and results were greatly improved to my eye.

Upvote 0

Agree. Hopefully they can fix this in the next "big" update. A Spot healing brush that's just like the PS version would be a winner.

Upvote 0