Adobe raises price of photography plan

Dec 18, 2015
It looks like the price for the photography Creative Cloud has gone up to $19.99 for new subscribers. You can get a Lightroom-only plan for $9.99. Adobe announced a price increase for the full Creative Cloud and single apps in February, but didn't mention a change to the photography plan. It seems like they're trying to slip this through with little fanfare.

Lightroom is still a fair deal at $9.99 in comparison to the other offerings, but I think this is going to make new users check out the many alternatives on the market. As someone who teaches photography and editing, I don't know if I can still recommend the Creative Cloud for serious beginners. If your primary interest is just family photography, Instagram and facebook, there are a lot of choices out there.

John

Jul 21, 2010
I think this was the plan all along.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Let the wailing begin. Also, the $9.99 is not for Lightroom Classic (Desktop Version). It's $9.99 for the "CC" version which is cloud-based.
As of 5 minutes ago, it is $9.99 for the cloud Lightroom plan with 1TB of storage, $9.99 for the photography plan (Lightroom and photoshop) and 20GB of storage, or $19.99 for the photography plan with 1TB of storage

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Put in the context of $70 per month for a mobile phone with data, $120 a month for internet, home phone and basic tv, $12,99 a month for Netflix, $10 per month for Amazon Prime, $1,700 per month for health insurance etc etc etc, I don't find the expected and reasonable price rise to be onerous or a rip off.

I suspect that puts me in a category of one here but for a professional level software $20 per month is very reasonably priced. The truth is most of us don't need it, and however much it hurts some as individuals Adobe are fine with that, their business model is professional software to professionals for a price they, as professionals, can afford. Afinity is pretty mature and for a one off (for now) $49.99, don't bitch just go buy that...

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Upvote 0

unfocused

Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Put in the context of $70 per month for a mobile phone with data, $120 a month for internet, home phone and basic tv, $12,99 a month for Netflix, $10 per month for Amazon Prime, $1,700 per month for health insurance etc etc etc, I don't find the expected and reasonable price rise to be onerous or a rip off.

I suspect that puts me in a category of one here but for a professional level software $20 per month is very reasonably priced. The truth is most of us don't need it, and however much it hurts some as individuals Adobe are fine with that, their business model is professional software to professionals for a price they, as professionals, can afford. Afinity is pretty mature and for a one off (for now) $49.99, don't bitch just go buy that...

I'm not complaining. The $9.99 deal was ridiculously low and I'm amazed they offered it as long as they did. I pay for the full suite anyway. I was just pointing out that Lightroom CC is cloud based. And, I was simply anticipating the complaints that I know will be heard on this forum. I honestly don't know how many other software companies offer the same product to consumers that they sell to enterprises. With Adobe, you can still get the exact same software that major Hollywood studios, multinational corporations and major governments use.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
I'm not complaining. The $9.99 deal was ridiculously low and I'm amazed they offered it as long as they did. I pay for the full suite anyway. I was just pointing out that Lightroom CC is cloud based. And, I was simply anticipating the complaints that I know will be heard on this forum. I honestly don't know how many other software companies offer the same product to consumers that they sell to enterprises. With Adobe, you can still get the exact same software that major Hollywood studios, multinational corporations and major governments use.
I wasn't directing any negative comment at you unfocused. Besides it seems we are in the rare minority that is in agreement here (y)

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012

You guys are really being ripped off in the good old USA. Here per month, $26 unlimited mobile phone and 20gb data for all over Europe and North America; internet etc ~$30-50; and a free at the point of use health service for all, and private health insurance if you wish a fraction of yours. But, we do pay taxes and camera gear is more expensive. Unfortunately, I need InDesign and Acrobat Pro for my professional work as well as PS.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
You guys are really being ripped off in the good old USA. Here per month, $26 unlimited mobile phone and 20gb data for all over Europe and North America; internet etc ~$30-50; and a free at the point of use health service for all, and private health insurance if you wish a fraction of yours. But, we do pay taxes and camera gear is more expensive. Unfortunately, I need InDesign and Acrobat Pro for my professional work as well as PS.
I'm more annoyed that you seem to have so many kingfishers nearby. Plus, your robins are much more appealing than the thrushes that masquerade as robins in these parts.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Funny.... it worked for me....

Perhaps you need to move to Canada :) if you move to Canada now you get Adobe cheaper, plus an extra bonus of two free additional months of winter....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0