Adobe Releases Lightroom 6.2 & CC 2015.2

Adobe released an update to Lightroom 6 moving to Lightroom 6.2. Unfortunately, the bug I have most concern with wasn't fixed. Since Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC 2014 and 2015, the Soft Proof feature has a bug. When examining a file the RGB numbers displayed in the histogram window are wrong. They do not match the numbers in Photoshop, which are correct, and the do not match the same files numbers in Lightroom 5.7.1. Adobe has been aware of this bug since April of this year. Still not fixed.

Hector1970

CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
Re: Adobe Releases Lightroom 6.2 & CC 2015.2

The bug I don't like is that all your plugins need to be reinstalled when they move versions.
This is a pain in the butt.
Is that the case with this upgrade too?
Dehaze as a local adjustment is a good addition.
I'm not overly impressed generally with Dehaze. It's a bit bluey and could be achieved already by messing with the other sliders.
There is alot more things they could improve upon.
I'd like them to put in a light ray function, variable intensity and angles.
I know you can do it in photoshop but not too easily/quickly.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011

De-haze ...
* Please note that this feature is not available in the standalone version of Lightroom 6

yes, Adobe ... just keep rubbing it in. I will still never RENT your software. And if you guys withhold features, I will also not BUY anything from you - like LR 6. All my current cameras are supported by LR 5.7 and my next camera upgrade is likely 2+ years out ... unless Canon brings a FF mirrorless system before then. :p ;D

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012

Canon Rumors said:
Select a Source: There is a new “Add Photos” screen which scans to identify the potential locations for photos on your hard drive.

Ugh. I find software that goes out and searches your entire drive(s) structure(s) for compatible file types quite annoying. There's nothing explicit or clear about it. Deliberately choosing what to import is explicit and clear.

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2012

AvTvM said:
De-haze ...
* Please note that this feature is not available in the standalone version of Lightroom 6

yes, Adobe ... just keep rubbing it in. I will still never RENT your software. And if you guys withhold features, I will also not BUY anything from you - like LR 6. All my current cameras are supported by LR 5.7 and my next camera upgrade is likely 2+ years out ... unless Canon brings a FF mirrorless system before then. :p ;D

+100 to that,even though I am on 6.
You call this a new version? An upgrade? Nothing new in here other than some lens profiles.
How about something simple like an auto-tone function that works as well as it does in Elements (and most other cheap or free programs)?

Upvote 0

3kramd5 said:
Canon Rumors said:
Select a Source: There is a new “Add Photos” screen which scans to identify the potential locations for photos on your hard drive.

Ugh. I find software that goes out and searches your entire drive(s) structure(s) for compatible file types quite annoying. There's nothing explicit or clear about it. Deliberately choosing what to import is explicit and clear.

you can disable this. Here's a video review of the new import process which goes into quite a bit of detail that should be helpful understanding the differences and the options.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4tq7aDr_1w

Doug

Upvote 0

3kramd5 said:
Canon Rumors said:

+10000000 Wow - must be the worst "upgrade" idea for LR ever. "We take control of your computer's 30TB and will waste tons of time and cpu power scanning it all in one gigantic confusing lump so you do not have to click the "Import this" icon that pops up when you insert a CF card anymore" ????

Upvote 0

Big_Ant_TV_Media

Hey Fellow Canon Shooters
Oct 13, 2014
NYC
www.facebook.com

pknight said:
Hector1970 said:
The bug I don't like is that all your plugins need to be reinstalled when they move versions.
This is a pain in the butt.
Is that the case with this upgrade too?

When I went from 5.7 to 6.0, and later to CC, I didn't have to reinstall any plugins.
did u pay for lightroom 6 im still trying too upgrade too it?? do u know where i can get it for free i have 5.7 on mac

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011

AvTvM said:
De-haze ...

That suits Adobe just fine, you are not the kind of customer they want. Bye.

Upvote 0

Northbird

"Be a rainbow in somebody else's cloud" - Maya A.
Re: Adobe Releases a buggy Lightroom 6.2 WARNING !!

If you are running LR on a Mac I would suggest not installing this update until problems are sorted out. I installed on a Macbook Pro running OSx 10.11 and have had nothing but problems. Crashes on import, etc. etc. Haven't managed to sort it out yet so may end up having to revert back to previous version which will be royal PIA.

The import screen is completely changed as well, it can be turned off but a less than smooth upgrade in my experience.

Upvote 0

privatebydesign said:
AvTvM said:
De-haze ...

That suits Adobe just fine, you are not the kind of customer they want. Bye.

LOL. Yes. Most successful businesses try to limit the "kinds" of customers that purchase their products. If EVERYONE bought their stuff, they might run out of places to put all their money.

Upvote 0

AvTvM said:
De-haze ...

Nor will I. What does everyone else use for PP photos that is a stand-alone product?

Upvote 0

AvTvM said:
De-haze ...

I just updated to 6.2 (non-CC), and the local dehaze is indeed not available.

HOWEVER... The global dehaze feature can actually be enabled in Lightroom 6, through a workaround. (The code for it is all there, it is just missing the UI elements). All you have to do is install these presets and the global dehaze feature is available to you:
http://www.proloststore.com/products/dehaze

Upvote 0