Adorama introduces the Adorama Edge credit card

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Our exclusive affiliate partner Adorama has launched the Adorama Edge credit card. This card is for Adorama purchases only but provides a lot of benefits for your Adorama shopping needs.
Special Financing Benefits
No Interest if Paid in Full Within 6 or 12 Months*
6 Months Special Financing available on purchases of $199-$799.99. 12 Months Special Financing available on purchases of $800 or more.
Only valid on purchases made with the Adorama Edge Credit Card. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 6 or 12 Months. Minimum monthly payments required.

Every Day Savings
5% OFF† Every Day with your Adorama Edge Credit Card
Use your Adorama Edge Credit Card, enjoy 5% off every day on your purchase.
Special Financing and 5% OFF Adorama Edge Credit Card benefit can’t be combined. You will be asked to select Special Financing (if purchase amount qualifies)...

Continue reading...

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
I was hoping for a Payboo equivalent tax reimbursement card. Adorama started charging sales tax in my state all of a sudden. That's 10% every purchase. The 5% from this card can't beat Payboo.
That would be great, provided you don't carry a balance. 30% interest is worse than any states sales tax.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I was hoping for a Payboo equivalent tax reimbursement card. Adorama started charging sales tax in my state all of a sudden. That's 10% every purchase. The 5% from this card can't beat Payboo.
In fairness, it isn't Adorama or B&H charging the tax. They are simply obligated to collect it thanks to the new U.S. Supreme Court ruling. So not only does this increase your costs, it also increases the costs of these retailers. https://www.forbes.com/sites/tonyma...aw-on-collection-of-sales-taxes/#49b0618058df The upside of this is the fact that local retailers can now compete on even ground.

Upvote 0

FramerMCB

Canon 40D & 7D
CR Pro
Sep 9, 2014
In fairness, it isn't Adorama or B&H charging the tax. They are simply obligated to collect it thanks to the new U.S. Supreme Court ruling. So not only does this increase your costs, it also increases the costs of these retailers. https://www.forbes.com/sites/tonyma...aw-on-collection-of-sales-taxes/#49b0618058df The upside of this is the fact that local retailers can now compete on even ground.
I'm unfamiliar with this situation and the Supreme Court decision - I wonder how this will impact Amazon? I'm guessing that this court case may have had more to do with them (Amazon) than either Adorama or B&H (or like businesses)???

Upvote 0