Advantage elsewhere

I don't do that much processing (virtually no HDR), and my images don't look nearly as good...

That said, I found the same advantages when I began working with Fujifilm files from my X100S. Shadow recovery was dramatically better. And the way the files responded to every change was far better. Frankly, as I've said before, I was angry at first to discover files from a $1200 camera with an APS-C sensor were better than most files from my nearly $4k Canon 5D3.

I'm in the process of moving over to Fuji for most of what I do; a slow process, but it's leaving Canon mostly behind.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
This is a commercial site selling photography lessons. The owner is a HDR obsessed photographer, and thinks that mirrorless helps.

I'd not want to take lessons from someone that believes a mirrorless camera has more DR because its mirrorless.

His comparison is of a 2010 model 60D with a 2014 model Sony A6000. A several year old camera with a new one, and the new one is better. He attributes this to it being mirrorless :eek: Not the sharpest school teacher I've seen.

Upvote 0
Feb 26, 2012
AB
Mt Spokane Photography said:
This is a commercial site selling photography lessons. The owner is a HDR obsessed photographer, and thinks that mirrorless helps.

I'd not want to take lessons from someone that believes a mirrorless camera has more DR because its mirrorless.

His comparison is of a 2010 model 60D with a 2014 model Sony A6000. A several year old camera with a new one, and the new one is better. He attributes this to it being mirrorless :eek: Not the sharpest school teacher I've seen.

I think the take-away is that even non-geeks can see a difference in IQ between Canon and ABC when they start to mangle raw files, even if they didn't clue-in to why.

Current Canon's much improved over 60D but still lacks compared to the alternatives.

Upvote 0