Advice for USB-C dock to handle CFExpress and/or USH-II SD cards

I can find card readers but no docks for USB-C. I would prefer to have 1 dock to handle CFExpress, SD (USH-II), USB-A, HDMI and power. Ideally using thunderbolt but USB 3.1gen2 would be also okay. No need for multiple external displays or ethernet at this time.
I can see a couple of dedicated multi-CFExpress card readers for high volume downloads but otherwise nothing in the dock style (multi-adaptor). It is even hard to check for SD card specs without going into the datasheets for each one.
Any ideas? It would be great to avoid multiple adaptors for Macbook Pro.

Jan 29, 2011
Docks are still lagging behind, it took me a long time to settle on the Akitio Thunderbolt dock with 10Gbe Ethernet, CFast and SD readers and two TB 3 sockets. But it seems like CFast was a one camera deal for Canon and everything is moving to CFExpress, darn it.

Here is mine, https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/owc-thunderbolt-3-pro-dock the SD reader is UHS-II

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

I can find card readers but no docks for USB-C. I would prefer to have 1 dock to handle CFExpress, SD (USH-II), USB-A, HDMI and power. Ideally using thunderbolt but USB 3.1gen2 would be also okay. No need for multiple external displays or ethernet at this time.
I can see a couple of dedicated multi-CFExpress card readers for high volume downloads but otherwise nothing in the dock style (multi-adaptor). It is even hard to check for SD card specs without going into the datasheets for each one.
Any ideas? It would be great to avoid multiple adaptors for Macbook Pro.

Since you have a MBP ideally you have a CFE TB3 reader to get the full transfer speed. USB is too slow for CFE never mind everything else on the dock, I would not except to see it on a dock and if it does get on a dock it'll be a big active cooled thing.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Since you have a MBP ideally you have a CFE TB3 reader to get the full transfer speed. USB is too slow for CFE never mind everything else on the dock, I would not except to see it on a dock and if it does get on a dock it'll be a big active cooled thing.
I'm really hoping +Hyper update this https://www.hypershop.com/collectio...-for-uhs-ii-microsd-sd-4-0-cfast-compactflash to a CFExpress, it is the fastest card reader I have ever owned and it works flawlessly with the MBP and iPad Pro.

Upvote 0