After the EOS R3, Canon will introduce new “affordable” RF mount cameras [CR1]

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Jul 21, 2010
Personally, I would like to see a R7, and a replacement for the EOS 5DsR with a very large capacity sensor for landscape and cropping, and without all the video stuff, which I don't use. That may not be your position and that's fine.
Since video became a feature of mainstream ILCs, there has been exactly one that launched without video, and while Nikon’s Df was advertised as ‘pure photography’, in reality it was a pure flop.

So your position is that you wish for a rainbow-farting unicorn and that’s fine.

• Haha
Reactions: SteveC and Dragon

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Jul 21, 2010
Attempts at humor often often fail on the internet, my apologies.

Anyone is free to express their desire for a particular feature (or omission thereof), or product. Such desires should be tempered with reality. For example, I may say that I want a 70-400mm f/2 lens with excellent IQ and with the approximate size and weight of my 24-70/2.8. Given that such a desire isn’t realistic, I might reasonably expect the expression of such a desire to be met with some humorous replies.

Also, to be clear, I meant the Df was a commercial/sales flop. Seemed like a perfectly good camera, though.

FWIW, I’ve shot a total of about 3 seconds of video footage on my DSLRs, and that was accidentally on my 1D X while I was fiddling with button customization.

JohanCruyff

EOS RP
Aug 9, 2012
Milano, Italy
I have been told that after the Canon EOS R3 begins and whenever supply chain issues are corrected, Canon will focus on the lower end of the RF mount lineup.
A replacement for the Canon EOS RP is coming, this will obviously be the new entry-level camera for the RF lineup. Pricing for this camera will be aggressive.

Hey Canon, I sold my M6 and the EF-S / EF-M lenses I owned. I am waiting for a first / second / backup body and I would like to have more options.

Reactions: Stuart

JohanCruyff

EOS RP
Aug 9, 2012
Milano, Italy
Hey Canon, I sold my M6 and the EF-S / EF-M lenses I owned. I am waiting for a first / second / backup body and I would like to have more options.

It seems like you may have sold a bit too soon, given the current supply chain shortages of integrated circuits.

You should write Canon if you want Canon to be aware of your predicament.

Never mind, Canon. I ordered a R6, so my second / backup body will be the R.