All but one RF lens is in stock at Canon USA, including the Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com

Birdshooter

R3 and R5
Oct 14, 2019
It's always fun to check the comments here early in the morning. That way I get a good laugh before the day starts.
MXW you for real? Are you about to purchase multiple items, but were waiting for price's to drop.... ahahaha

Always people bashing Canon, but they still buy their gear and love to complain.
Economics teach us what happens when demand out weights supply... :)

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
It's always fun to check the comments here early in the morning. That way I get a good laugh before the day starts.
MXW you for real? Are you about to purchase multiple items, but were waiting for price's to drop.... ahahaha

Always people bashing Canon, but they still buy their gear and love to complain.
Economics teach us what happens when demand out weights supply... :)
I'm pretty sure he's complaining that many RF lenses were simply unavailable to purchase (easily) from most major retailers. Then the price hike happens, now there is stock on essentially everything. The timing does look suspicious.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Mar 10, 2021
600mm f/4 is also out of stock.
Regarding rage on price hikes and availabilty - I already bought all 5 RF lenses I wanted, the last one (100-500) - in December; it just took a little bit of effort and patience. All from legitimate dealers, of course (B&H and local store). I guess, if somebody really wanted a specific RF lens, they would find a way to buy it at MSRP, unless they are financially constrained. But in this case EF is still a viable option unitl RF prices go down. Some RF lenses have already been on sale. At least in the US.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2016
Canon USA is out of stock of many RF lenses for months, then they raise lens prices and two days later they have nearly all the RF lenses in stock. Yes, probably just a happy coincidence for Canon.
I think that the new lens shipment came already with the new price (due to whatever reasons), not that it was the other way around.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0