anti-shake

Hi

Yesterday evening I dipped my toe into the water of video at a school concert where my daughter was playing.

So. I now have two minutes of 1920x1080 30fps, with just enough shake to be really annoying. So onto post processing. I look around the web for something to remove this.

I'm running Windoze 7, and discovered that the MS free video editor won't do anti-shake on w7, so onto other options. Some won't load a mov file, others will but won't do anti shake, then I find Blender

now I find it extremely complicated and utterly unintuitive.

so I try a "how to" and I'm now stuck at: "select the end of the file" in https://monochrome.sutic.nu/2014/02/22/video-stabilization-with-blender.html I've tried but I have no idea and can't see how despite clicking all over the place.

So is there anything I can use that doesn't require me to spend several weeks of effort to learn the tool or require me to spend substantial sums of cash, or to have a telepathic link to the software developers?

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I'm only familiar with Premier Pro, but just so you know, the way anti-shake generally works in post-processing is by cropping the image so that the subject matter can be kept in the the same spot in each frame (or nearly the same spot). As long as you have room for the cropping, it will work, but you will lose resolution as well (which is one reason why 4K is desirable, even if the final product is not 4K.)

You could download a free trial of Premier and watch some of Adobe's videos to get an idea of how to use the program. It's not as difficult as it might seem at first.

Upvote 0
unfocused said:
I'm only familiar with Premier Pro, but just so you know, the way anti-shake generally works in post-processing is by cropping the image so that the subject matter can be kept in the the same spot in each frame (or nearly the same spot). As long as you have room for the cropping, it will work, but you will lose resolution as well (which is one reason why 4K is desirable, even if the final product is not 4K.)

You could download a free trial of Premier and watch some of Adobe's videos to get an idea of how to use the program. It's not as difficult as it might seem at first.

thanks.. the wobble is at most only a few percent of the field of view, and as I was using a monopod, only horizontally, I can afford a slight crop.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
rfdesigner said:
unfocused said:

thanks.. the wobble is at most only a few percent of the field of view, and as I was using a monopod, only horizontally, I can afford a slight crop.
Interesting.......

I was planning to do some shooting from the bicycle and stablizing it..... My plan was to shoot 3K video and stabilize/crop to 2K.... I'll have to give Adobe premier a try.....

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
Don Haines said:
rfdesigner said:
unfocused said:

Interesting.......

I was planning to do some shooting from the bicycle and stablizing it..... My plan was to shoot 3K video and stabilize/crop to 2K.... I'll have to give Adobe premier a try.....

Once I saw interesting video. They were filming moving car, and filming with DLSR from second car. Hand-held, hanging out from the open door (of moving vehicle) while holding the camera fairly low close to the road. Then stabilize in Premier. The end result was pretty much as good looking and stable as you'd expect for any high end production.

Upvote 0