Any chance of a final pentaprism 1Ds, before it all goes mirrorless....?

unfocused

EOS-1D X Mark III
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.mgordoncommunications.com
It depends on how successful Canon is in migrating notoriously conservative 1D x users to the R3 and R1.
They probably have a tipping point in mind. If they hit that conversion rate then they won’t make another 1 series DSLR. If they don’t, then they will.
If the R3 performs as well in the field as reviewers claim then the chances go from slim to none.

john1970

EOS R5
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
I would expect the 1D series DSLR to go the way of the dodo bird. Canon has discontinued several EF lenses so I do not see them allocating R&D budget into another 1D DSLR. With that said, I could see Canon selling the 1D Mk 3 for several years beyond the typical four year cycle.

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Jul 21, 2010
I would expect the 1D series DSLR to go the way of the dodo bird. Canon has discontinued several EF lenses so I do not see them allocating R&D budget into another 1D DSLR. With that said, I could see Canon selling the 1D Mk 3 for several years beyond the typical four year cycle.
That, and I bet we'll see updates to the Rebel/xxxD/xxxxD line of DSLRs. The EOS 1v was sold for a long time after 1-series DSLRs came out.