Any experience with new LEE ProGlass IRND filters?

I started with LEE 100mm system this year. I currently have Little and Big Stoppers and 2 stop soft and hard grads. I was doing some waterfall photography last weekend and found Little stopper too strong for that. So I thought about buying 3 stop 100mm filter and found that older ProGlass filters were replaced with ProGlass IRND. They are also available in 6, 10 and 15 stop - same as stopper range but almost twice as expensive. Looks like LEE finally added color neutral ND filters to their product range: http://www.leefilters.com/index.php/camera/proglass-nd

Did anyone have a chance to try them already?

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Ladislav said:
I started with LEE 100mm system this year. I currently have Little and Big Stoppers and 2 stop soft and hard grads. I was doing some waterfall photography last weekend and found Little stopper too strong for that. So I thought about buying 3 stop 100mm filter and found that older ProGlass filters were replaced with ProGlass IRND. They are also available in 6, 10 and 15 stop - same as stopper range but almost twice as expensive. Looks like LEE finally added color neutral ND filters to their product range: http://www.leefilters.com/index.php/camera/proglass-nd

They are brand spanking new, aren't they?

- A

Upvote 0

CvH

CR Pro
Nov 19, 2014
Have you heard of the Haida filters ? Canon Australia has been actively promoting them in the last few months. And soon the Haida filter products will be available on Canon Australia online store.

Canon Australia held several landscape collective events where members were able to try them out. I was able to test the Haida 10 stops ND and 3 stops grad ND filters at a event recently. They seem reasonably quality and I could not detect any colour cast.

Upvote 0

BeenThere

CR Pro
Sep 4, 2012
Eastern Shore
Chz said:
Have you heard of the Haida filters ? Canon Australia has been actively promoting them in the last few months. And soon the Haida filter products will be available on Canon Australia online store.

Canon Australia held several landscape collective events where members were able to try them out. I was able to test the Haida 10 stops ND and 3 stops grad ND filters at a event recently. They seem reasonably quality and I could not detect any colour cast.
If you don't get a color cast in the 10 stop ND it's doing a good job. I have not found one yet without a color cast.

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
BeenThere said:
If you don't get a color cast in the 10 stop ND it's doing a good job. I have not found one yet without a color cast.

+1. My Lee Big Stopper (their original 10 ND, I believe) has a nontrivial color cast that I put up with as I only use it a few times a year. If I shot more landscape work I'd definitely replace it.

- A

Upvote 0
ahsanford said:
Ladislav said:

They are brand spanking new, aren't they?

- A

Yes they are, I found some announcement blog post from June.

Upvote 0
ahsanford said:
BeenThere said:

+1. My Lee Big Stopper (their original 10 ND, I believe) has a nontrivial color cast that I put up with as I only use it a few times a year. If I shot more landscape work I'd definitely replace it.

- A

Both my Little and Big stoppers have strong blue color cast but people were using them for years to produce awesome images so it is not like they need to be replaced immediately.

Upvote 0

CvH

CR Pro
Nov 19, 2014
I think you should take a closer look at both Haida and the Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

ahsanford said:
BeenThere said:

- A

Upvote 0