Any LR CC Experts got a clue on this one?

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
All. I do an awful lot of PP using LR (and sometimes PS). Recently upgraded to the latest LR CC Classic (7.3) and my keywords went away. Funny thing is that the images display an icon showing they have keywords but they do not show up when I look for them. Also, entering a new keyword seems to do nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Pertinent information:
Window 7 64 bit PC with 16GB RAM and plenty of disc space

Thanks for any ideas

JPAZ

Jul 28, 2015
JPAZ said:
All. I do an awful lot of PP using LR (and sometimes PS). Recently upgraded to the latest LR CC Classic (7.3) and my keywords went away. Funny thing is that the images display an icon showing they have keywords but they do not show up when I look for them. Also, entering a new keyword seems to do nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Pertinent information:
Window 7 64 bit PC with 16GB RAM and plenty of disc space

Thanks for any ideas

JPAZ

So when you look at an image, you can see the keywords. But you cannot see the list of them on the right?

If so then I found this:

If just the list is empty, but the images have keywords, select all the images, in Library left Panel Keyword tags, select all those keywords (this might be an extra step), up in Metadata, select Export Keywords, save this text file anywhere you want. You might want to open this text file up and review it for spelling errors, additional keywords (maybe some you want now, but did not have before). Then in LR go to Metadata, then Import Keywords.

P.S. I forget in your previous post if you were asked to consider optimizing the catalog, not sure if that accomplishes any repairs????

Reinstalling LR, I think even if it thought you had a trial install, should have not corrupted your catalog, something went very wrong somehow.

https://www.naturescapes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=270620

There are other suggestions and the guy solved his problems.

Upvote 0

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
Thanks for your reply.....

Here's what's weird. I rebooted twice then noted a lot of processor / HDD activity and when opening LR, all was well. Not sure but my theory is that the new version had to "rebuild" some of the database. I have catalogue set to "automatically write changes into XMP", BTW.

Upvote 0