Any rumors about the G16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ryballs said:
Hey I'm new to the forum and after doing a search couldn't find anything regarding a possible release date or specs for the G16. The reason why I'm interested in the G16 is that the RX100 is too expensive and I love the G15 just wish it had a larger sensor. I'm hoping that the G16 is exactly that.. Any info would be great. Thanks.

There's already a G1X. I don't think G16 will introduce a bigger sensor.

Upvote 0

Menace

New Zealand
Apr 5, 2012
New Zealand
verysimplejason said:
ryballs said:
Hey I'm new to the forum and after doing a search couldn't find anything regarding a possible release date or specs for the G16. The reason why I'm interested in the G16 is that the RX100 is too expensive and I love the G15 just wish it had a larger sensor. I'm hoping that the G16 is exactly that.. Any info would be great. Thanks.

There's already a G1X. I don't think G16 will introduce a bigger sensor.

+1

Upvote 0
Hi
It is highly unlikely that G16 will have a new sensor.
Usually Canon use the same sensor in the G series for 2 years whether it is new version or not.
G15 is just new and I bet G16 will have only cosmetic change and minor improvements if it comes this year.

Anyway, it is very expensive for what it is and at the moment, the best deal is for sure the G1X. For roughly the same price, you get a big sensor, articulate screen and great Image quality (if you can survive with an ugly camera :) ).
The “G2X” may be around the corner but it will be more expensive (according to new Canon price policy, to be good, it HAS to be expensive :( ).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.