Anyone experience problems with Reikan Focal?

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
I purchased the latest pro version and ran my 1DXII with several lenses. My camera locked up and I had to reset to factory defaults (real PIA). The focus was off for all lenses as well.

I took my gear on a landscape photography trip thereafter and I had to use live view to focus with my Hoodman loupe. This would have been a disaster if I had to hit moving targets.

I wrote to Reikan but got no reply.

Anyway, just a heads up.

Thanks.

Scott

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Scott.
I have had some small issues with FoCal in the past, sorted via email very quickly. Also when you connect the camera FoCal will record all values / preferences set, even after a complete loss (camaras going flat) just reconnect and it will ask if you want to restore the last backup before continuing, always works for me.
Plus can’t you save all of this on the 1D series cameras yourself to a cf card?

Cheers, Graham.

scottkinfw said:
I purchased the latest pro version and ran my 1DXII with several lenses. My camera locked up and I had to reset to factory defaults (real PIA). The focus was off for all lenses as well.

I took my gear on a landscape photography trip thereafter and I had to use live view to focus with my Hoodman loupe. This would have been a disaster if I had to hit moving targets.

I wrote to Reikan but got no reply.

Anyway, just a heads up.

Thanks.

Scott

Upvote 0