Anything Shot with a 1Dx mark II

Crapking

"Whatever you are....be a good one." AL
Nov 9, 2011
445
0
jjlabella.photoshelter.com
In the above comparison I was shooting Manual with the same settings 1/80, f8, ISO 5000, and used my typical default LR settings on the 1Dx file and 'copied/pasted' the same settings to the 1Dx II file. Didn't have my tripod at work, but tried (unsuccessfully) to frame the same shot. Not sure if exposure differences are the result of the newer metering, or LR CC's algorithims, but the sliders/settings were all the same. I'll do similar side-side c/w these bodies tomorrow at a volleyball match and post some 'action, high ISO shots' for those on the fence about upgrading.
 

Grant Atkinson

EOS 90D
Jan 6, 2014
191
29
African wild dog shot with a (beta) 1DX Mark 2. This image is shot with the EF 500L f4 IS ii, shutter speed 1/1600sec at f5.0, iso 4000. Cropped to frame from 20mp to 15mp, converted and processed in ACR, and downsized for web to 2000 pixels on the long side. In processing I just used the Adjust Brush to add warmth, some clarity, some shadow lift and highlight downtone, to the animals body only. The background is untouched, and I would have been expecting to have noise show there with my other cameras...
 

Attachments

  • Grant-Atkinson-Sandibe_M1_1470_0451.jpg
    Grant-Atkinson-Sandibe_M1_1470_0451.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 473

Click

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 29, 2012
14,362
2,831
Canada
Grant Atkinson said:
African wild dog shot with a (beta) 1DX Mark 2. This image is shot with the EF 500L f4 IS ii, shutter speed 1/1600sec at f5.0, iso 4000. Cropped to frame from 20mp to 15mp, converted and processed in ACR, and downsized for web to 2000 pixels on the long side. In processing I just used the Adjust Brush to add warmth, some clarity, some shadow lift and highlight downtone, to the animals body only. The background is untouched, and I would have been expecting to have noise show there with my other cameras...


Very nice picture. I really like the result.
 

falcnr

1DX & 5DSR Canon glass
May 3, 2015
55
1
Crapking said:
Can't believe I get to start THIS thread...

Here is a direct comparison between 1Dx and 1Dx II with same camera and LR settings. Good to know that LR CC recognized the .CR2 files immediately today !

Thanks for sharing, noticeable differences and very sharp (as i'd expect). Anyone played with the fact it does more than centre focus at f8 ? Thats one of my main reasons for upgrading. Also how has the autofocus been improved upon, what did or could they do to improve it ?

Cant wait to try mine in couple of weeks.

thanks
 

Mario

EOS M6 Mark II
Dec 3, 2014
65
0
55
Belgium
severi.be
There already was a thread here:

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=29749.0

Maybe the admin can merge both threads ?

Regards,

Mario
 

Khristo

EOS M50
Jan 14, 2012
47
5
Here in Sydney we are having the Vivid festival of light. This involves lighting the city with all sorts of interesting lighting effects - the best part being the images projected on the sails of the Opera House.

Canon Australia are a major sponsor and organise events, workshops etc - one of which is a helicopter flight over the city. For this they provide a 1dx2 and 35mm L f1.4, with a gyro stabiliser mounted on it to cut the vibrations. The helicopter doors are removed and you get to hang out the side at 1500 feet snapping away with the stabilised 1dx2.

Cold and windy, but great fun! I went on this on Saturday night and got some great shots of the city - sample attached.

The flight was run by Sydney HeliTours who did a pretty good job - so if you're in Sydney and want to do something different....give them a call.

I wonder if Canon do this sort of thing in other markets?
 

Attachments

  • vivid.jpg
    vivid.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 460

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
8,265
1,935
Canada
Khristo said:
Here in Sydney we are having the Vivid festival of light. This involves lighting the city with all sorts of interesting lighting effects - the best part being the images projected on the sails of the Opera House.

Canon Australia are a major sponsor and organise events, workshops etc - one of which is a helicopter flight over the city. For this they provide a 1dx2 and 35mm L f1.4, with a gyro stabiliser mounted on it to cut the vibrations. The helicopter doors are removed and you get to hang out the side at 1500 feet snapping away with the stabilised 1dx2.

Cold and windy, but great fun! I went on this on Saturday night and got some great shots of the city - sample attached.

The flight was run by Sydney HeliTours who did a pretty good job - so if you're in Sydney and want to do something different....give them a call.

I wonder if Canon do this sort of thing in other markets?

Nice picture! Sounds like a fun time.......
 

Click

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 29, 2012
14,362
2,831
Canada
Khristo said:
Here in Sydney we are having the Vivid festival of light. This involves lighting the city with all sorts of interesting lighting effects - the best part being the images projected on the sails of the Opera House.

Canon Australia are a major sponsor and organise events, workshops etc - one of which is a helicopter flight over the city. For this they provide a 1dx2 and 35mm L f1.4, with a gyro stabiliser mounted on it to cut the vibrations. The helicopter doors are removed and you get to hang out the side at 1500 feet snapping away with the stabilised 1dx2.

Cold and windy, but great fun! I went on this on Saturday night and got some great shots of the city - sample attached.

The flight was run by Sydney HeliTours who did a pretty good job - so if you're in Sydney and want to do something different....give them a call.

I wonder if Canon do this sort of thing in other markets?


Beautiful shot, Khristo.
 
Oct 26, 2014
1
0
American White Pelican
Wisconsin River, Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin

1Dx Mark II, 400mm DOII, Extender 2x III.
 

Attachments

  • untitled-99.jpg
    untitled-99.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 384

Northstar

EOS 5D Mark IV
Mar 31, 2012
1,673
0
107
US - Midwest
Crapking said:
Can't believe I get to start THIS thread...

Here is a direct comparison between 1Dx and 1Dx II with same camera and LR settings. Good to know that LR CC recognized the .CR2 files immediately today !

16DX1288.jpg by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr

1D2X0003.jpg by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr

My first thought is that they fixed the 1/2 stop underexposed issue with the 1dx. Otherwise, the photos look similar to me.
Crapking, how is the AF in fast action compared to the 1dx?
North
 

Eldar

EOS R6
Jan 14, 2013
3,250
7
www.flickr.com
Had a rather spectacular weather around my cabin today. Looks something in between Mordor and Genesis ...
 

Attachments

  • _V4I2546.jpg
    _V4I2546.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 370

Eldar

EOS R6
Jan 14, 2013
3,250
7
www.flickr.com
Red-thighed St Mark's Fly, or Heather Fly, hatching in large numbers around our cabin. Hopefully they will create a feeding frenzy i our local river. Fly, rod and reel are ready :)

100mm f2.8L Macro IS, 1/400s, f/10, ISO1250
 

Attachments

  • _V4I2616.jpg
    _V4I2616.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 355

Eldar

EOS R6
Jan 14, 2013
3,250
7
www.flickr.com
Jack Douglas said:
Very striking Eldar!

Jack
I normally hate over saturated, screaming colours and over contrasted images like this, but this scene was unlike anything I have seen. Thunder, lightning and hail in massive volumes followed.
 

FEBS

Action Photography
CR Pro
Northstar said:
My first thought is that they fixed the 1/2 stop underexposed issue with the 1dx. Otherwise, the photos look similar to me.

Yesterday, I managed to exchange my 2pcs 1Dx against 1Dx mkII and some €. Today during the lunch, I tried a few shots over here. As I normally use 1/3 to 2/3 stop of EC on the 1Dx, this seems to much on the 1Dx mkII. So from now on, I will start with 0 EC.

Just AFMA and testing those babies and customizing/preparing them for my visit to Costa Rica in September. I will show some photos afterwards here on CR.
 

Northstar

EOS 5D Mark IV
Mar 31, 2012
1,673
0
107
US - Midwest
FEBS said:
Northstar said:
My first thought is that they fixed the 1/2 stop underexposed issue with the 1dx. Otherwise, the photos look similar to me.

Yesterday, I managed to exchange my 2pcs 1Dx against 1Dx mkII and some €. Today during the lunch, I tried a few shots over here. As I normally use 1/3 to 2/3 stop of EC on the 1Dx, this seems to much on the 1Dx mkII. So from now on, I will start with 0 EC.

Just AFMA and testing those babies and customizing/preparing them for my visit to Costa Rica in September. I will show some photos afterwards here on CR.

Looking forward to seeing some Costa Rica photos!