• applaud someone that provides good technical info

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • smite someone who belittles others

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • applaud someone that makes a good point

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters
Great posts!

1 )Perhaps when smiting (or applauding) the "judger" needs to assign a reason; that's how feedback becomes constructive.
2) The smite/applaud should be linked to a post; this way we all know what was objectionable or worthy.
3) There should be a tracker of how we as anonymous people leave smites or applauds for others (just a simple karma like counter of how we judged others behind their backs).

My personal rule(s),

1 smite for every 10 applauds... and not more!
Never smite for a disagreement of a point of view provided it was done respectfully
Always smite bullying!

Upvote 0
Quick, somebody smite me for voting without carefully reading all the options :)

I voted the second last option but I should have voted for the last option (oops)...I've said before that I resist smiting somebody just because they're being a jerk while disagreeing with me (it happens occasionally), though there has been an exception to that.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
Edwin Herdman said:
Quick, somebody smite me for voting without carefully reading all the options

Rather, I applaud you for voting like a typical American... :-X
The site is owned by a Canuck, therefore no vote is legal unless it's published in both official languages... bien sur.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
mark millar said:
Isn't the entire system a little like Bentham's prison, the Panopticon. Be good, you never know when you're being watched. Applied utiliatarianism philosophy in a Canon forum, fantastic!

Exactly! You get an applaud for begin concise and insightful. (I've give you two, but it's not allowed) Not surprisingly, you summed up in three sentences, what I tried to say in a massively long post.

Upvote 0