Auto aperture above auto iso for video?

gui

Industrial Photographer
I have used a Canon R5 for a month for video and photography. And recently, I started making real-estate videos.

The houses I shoot have dark spots, primarily when shooting towards a window, which results in digital noise and grain.
I use the C1Tv setting with auto aperture and auto iso. But I want to keep the iso down to prevent digital grain and noise.

I see that when using auto aperture and auto iso. The iso is upped first, and then the aperture. Lower the aperture to its lowest setting first and then the iso. I would like it to be the other way around.

Is there a setting that prioritises auto aperture above auto iso for video?

i might not send an Answer you would xpect and it might not help. I personaly never, ever would film with auto aperture..because that has some significant and not under your control influence on the depth of field. i am almost certain that is something nobody wants in a Video - not even as a special effect.. you might not like my 3 cents. r5 is quit great in low iso and if it gets that bad, bring some light or take pictures or..or..or..

Upvote 0

gui

Industrial Photographer
I am shooting real estate videos. And when shooting a house, it just has to work. When shooting outside or inside, I want the settings to accommodate that. But when In a particular room, say a room on the north side of the house (no sunshine and always darker), and I have an ISO of 6400, I want the camera to reach the lowest aperture first.

Real-estate videos are quickly made without a lot of production. So I want the most optimal settings. And when I have a different Aperture per room, I do not mind.

Upvote 0