B&H Price Tracker

Mar 25, 2011
If I add a item to my cart while logged in, and then abandon it, I get dozens of emails, and even ads on various sites all claiming the price has dropped, when it hasn't.

I'd be careful about giving B&H your wish list.

CR Guy gets information about B&H specials and posts them in a timely manner. There are web sites that will track the price of a item and notify you of a price drop, so it is possible to do without opening the email floodgates.

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
Mt Spokane Photography said:
If I add a item to my cart while logged in, and then abandon it, I get dozens of emails, and even ads on various sites all claiming the price has dropped, when it hasn't.

I'd be careful about giving B&H your wish list.

CR Guy gets information about B&H specials and posts them in a timely manner. There are web sites that will track the price of a item and notify you of a price drop, so it is possible to do without opening the email floodgates.

Which websites do you use?

Yes I can bombarded with ads for items I only looked at.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
RGF said:

I use Canon Price Watch for Canon cameras, but its limited in what you can track. I have used other trackers in the past, they seem to come and go.

I'd check out http://pricepinx.com/ I have not used this, but might if I need to.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
Mt Spokane Photography said:
RGF said:

I use Canon Price Watch for Canon cameras, but its limited in what you can track. I have used other trackers in the past, they seem to come and go.

I'd check out http://pricepinx.com/ I have not used this, but might if I need to.

Thanks. I'll check them out

Upvote 0

Blue Zurich

Traditional Grip
Jan 22, 2022
Swingtown
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Another vote for Canon Price Watch. You can set a target price and sign up to be notified for a specific item if it hits your target. Gordon will also notify you if an item that is on your list comes in stock. It's very helpful with hard to get items from the Canon refurbished store because you can get an email notification immediately and have a better chance of scoring a hard to come by lens, etc. Finally, some of the stores he deals with (all reputable Canon Authorized Dealers) will occasionally offer specials at below MAP. (Although that's pretty much not happening these days due to supply shortages) I check it every day to see what is on sale.

EDIT: OMG, I just realized this thread is almost five years old!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0