" Back Light Macro Tricks"

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
When I am boring from typical Photos shooting, I try to do some thing difference. Here are some of my tricks.
Enjoy.
Surapon

Attachments

• BA12.jpg
    BA12.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,244
  • BA13.jpg
    BA13.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,298
  • BA14.jpg
    BA14.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,267
  • BA16.jpg
    BA16.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,283
Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Rienzphotoz said:
surapon said:
Dear Friends.
When I am boring from typical Photos shooting, I try to do some thing difference. Here are some of my tricks.
Enjoy
Surapon
Dear Surapon,

I like the first photo of the leave ... it is very nicely lit.

Thanks you, Sir, Dear Rienzphotoz.
Have a great work week.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Sanaraken said:
Great photos! Thanks for sharing. I really need to take out my new 100L and start shooting flowers.

You are welcome, Sir, Dear Sanaraken.
Yes, Please do that, Shoot any flowers ( Back Light) and share with us in this GREAT CR. post.
Surapon

Upvote 0
surapon said:

Thanks for bringing this up, I absolutely love back lighting and do it very often.

In my experience, the problems are a) the limited dynamic range of Canon @low iso so you need some kind of fill flash or risk blown highlights, b) Lightroom isn't ready for it, the highlight recovery & fill shadows sliders aren't strong enough so you need to revert to some special software or method (DxO, Photomatrix or fake hdr/fusion with enfuse or such).

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Marsu42 said:
surapon said:

Thanks for bringing this up, I absolutely love back lighting and do it very often.

In my experience, the problems are a) the limited dynamic range of Canon @low iso so you need some kind of fill flash or risk blown highlights, b) Lightroom isn't ready for it, the highlight recovery & fill shadows sliders aren't strong enough so you need to revert to some special software or method (DxO, Photomatrix or fake hdr/fusion with enfuse or such).

Dear friend Marsu42.
Please Post your Back lighting Photos here to let us see, and enjoy too.
Thanks for your great Tricks too.
Have a great day.
Surapon

Upvote 0
surapon said:
Wow, Beautiful Picture, Dear danski0224.
Thanks for post here to let us see the great picture like this.
Surapon

I took that one late in the day last fall. Just happened to look down, on my way out, and noticed how the sun was illuminating some leaves. I think it is some sort of ground cover. If not, seedlings that preferred to stay low to the ground :) I'm not a plant expert.

Had to bust out the camera and take a couple of pictures. A couple turned out nicely.

Upvote 0