Banff National Park

Click said:
dpc said:
Roughly the same shot down Lake Louise taken with two different cameras. The first picture is from a Fujifilm X100 and the second is from a Canon 5D Mark II with a 16-35mm L f/4.

Beautiful pictures, dpc. I prefer the first one. Well done.

I definitely like the composition of the first one better, the longer focal length works much better here, but the colors in the second shot seem much better. Something seems off with the colors in the first shot.

Upvote 0
raptor3x said:
Click said:
dpc said:
Roughly the same shot down Lake Louise taken with two different cameras. The first picture is from a Fujifilm X100 and the second is from a Canon 5D Mark II with a 16-35mm L f/4.

Beautiful pictures, dpc. I prefer the first one. Well done.

I definitely like the composition of the first one better, the longer focal length works much better here, but the colors in the second shot seem much better. Something seems off with the colors in the first shot.

I'm torn about the colours produced by the Fuji. Sometimes they seem to work and sometimes they don't. I find post-processing the files something of a challenge with respect to colouration. I use both DXO OpticsPro 10 and Lightroom 5 for post-processing but I find that DXO doesn't work as well as Lightroom for the Fuji files. Even with Lightroom, though, I'm often not satisfied with the results. Note that my Fujifilm X100 is the original version of this camera, so it doesn't have an X-Trans sensor. Perhaps I just have to work harder with the files.

Upvote 0