Beautiful sunsets

Pitbullo

EOS 90D
May 25, 2012
Thank you for a quick reply! :)
The last picture is very purple, I agree. It is an old picture, taken in jpeg for some reason. I do have other pictures from the same place, approx. at the same time (last year), and they were just as purple. A bit more contrasty though. I do agree with you though, it is perhaps a tad too purple.
It often gets quite foggy out there, and that gives the sunsets a very intense color.

Here is a more recent picture from the same place, taken june this year. All I have done is to add some clarity, a bit of NR, and some sharpness. No Color correction, and this is pretty much similar to what it looked like in real life.

Attachments

blaydese

EOS 90D
Jun 28, 2012
Iwakuni Japan
www.facebook.com
Pitbullo said:
Thank you for a quick reply! :)
The last picture is very purple, I agree. It is an old picture, taken in jpeg for some reason. I do have other pictures from the same place, approx. at the same time (last year), and they were just as purple. A bit more contrasty though. I do agree with you though, it is perhaps a tad too purple.
It often gets quite foggy out there, and that gives the sunsets a very intense color.

Here is a more recent picture from the same place, taken june this year. All I have done is to add some clarity, a bit of NR, and some sharpness. No Color correction, and this is pretty much similar to what it looked like in real life.
Yeah that's a lot better. Thanks for share.

Peace! 8)

serendipidy

EOS 5D Mark IV
May 7, 2012
Stanley

Gorgeous shots. Really like the brilliant colors. How did you shoot those? Thanks for sharing. 8)

Jun 17, 2012
serendipidy said:
Stanley

Gorgeous shots. Really like the brilliant colors. How did you shoot those? Thanks for sharing. 8)
Thank you! Most of the time, all I end up doing is increasing contrast and saturation with the help of Capture One for Raw editing and then in Photoshop I use Nik Software mostly again for contrast / saturation. I stay away from replacing colour etc - basically I just intensify the scene :)

Sometimes I also exposure blend (+/- 1-2 stops) if required to control the shadows and highlights.

Here is the rest of my portfolio - http://www.flickr.com/photos/stanleykozak/

Z

zedarean

Great shots in here, but it's hard to go wrong with sunsets :p

Here's a recent one of mine. Yeah, I know how a lot of people feel about hdr...

Z

zedarean

stanleykozak said:
Thank you! Most of the time, all I end up doing is increasing contrast and saturation with the help of Capture One for Raw editing and then in Photoshop I use Nik Software mostly again for contrast / saturation. I stay away from replacing colour etc - basically I just intensify the scene :)

Sometimes I also exposure blend (+/- 1-2 stops) if required to control the shadows and highlights.

Here is the rest of my portfolio - http://www.flickr.com/photos/stanleykozak/
Wow, awesome portfolio!