Best Wireless Mouse for use with Photo/Video Software...?

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Hi all,

While I do have a nice wacom intuit 5 medium tablet that I mostly use on PS and LR and other photo/video related software, I do at times switch between that and my mouse.

I like my wireless mouse....one less cable across the desk.

I have a Logitech Anywhere MX...that has recently started behaving erratically, it has a hard time selecting when I hold the mouse down and I've seen some lt clicks happen randomly....

I need a new one.

Does anyone have recommendations for a good wireless mouse, to work with photographic/video software on a high resolution monitor?

My main media workstation is a 2011 Macbook Pro (it is never used as laptop, on a stand hooked to USB hub, and thunderbolt to external drives, Dell U2711 monitor, etc).....

Are mouse dpi and polling rates a big deal with ya'll like it is with the gamers?

Thanks in advance,

cayenne

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
After using the Logitech MXRevolution for years I finally picked up the Master MX version and cannot be happier. Although there is one thing, upon the 'upgrade' to Sierra a couple of the side buttons which I use for page forward and back stopped working in that manner and I had to reprogram them for other tasks. But for ergonomics, speed, rechargeable internal battery life , versatility and the ability to use on ANY surface, I am very happy.

Upvote 0

pwp

Oct 25, 2010
I worked my way through a number of wireless mice and eventually went back to a cabled mouse. The response is super fast and guaranteed. The best mice to get are premium gaming mice. Mine is a Razer Death Adder Elite. I have three, one for each workstation. You can turn off the annoying puke-green lights pitched at pimply teenagers.

Choose from here: http://www.razerzone.com/au-en/gaming-mice

-pw

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
cayenne said:
Thank you!!

Good suggestions both!!!

I'd forgotten about the 'magic mouse' from Apple. I might run to the store and give it a try to see how I like it.

I'd read good reviews on the Logitech MX Revolution too....hmm.

Ok, at least I have a couple of really good leads to follow now.

Much appreciated!!

C

The Revolution is long discontinued and the MX Master is everything it was and more. I would steer clear of the Magic mouse. I have a home with all things Apple but never again one of those...flimsy, not customizable and a horrible design for the battery compartment. I agree about the lag with a wireless compared to a cable mouse (gamers use cables for this and other reasons) But the MX Master is snappy. I can't even notice. You get the choice of either BT or IR Receiver.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
My Mouse died doing the same thing last week. I had two MX705's just sitting in their packages as spares. They are great, so I installed two of them to replace older ones like the one that died. Then, I saw Costco had them for $19.95 and bought two more. They seem to last between one and 3 years, and I have several computers, so always keep spares.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Mt Spokane Photography said:
My Mouse died doing the same thing last week. I had two MX705's just sitting in their packages as spares. They are great, so I installed two of them to replace older ones like the one that died. Then, I saw Costco had them for $19.95 and bought two more. They seem to last between one and 3 years, and I have several computers, so always keep spares.

Interesting!!
I got the new one..and WOW...it is BIIIIIG for my hands.

It works well, but still trying to get used to such a large LARGE mouse.

I may look at Costco for the models you saw and do the same stock up on them!!

Thanks for the info!!!

Cayenne

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
cayenne said:

Interesting!!

Thanks for the info!!!

Cayenne

I didn't even think of that (sorry) I don't have really large hands, just large and it fits me fine. YMMV with mice size I guess!

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
slclick said:
cayenne said:

Interesting!!

Thanks for the info!!!

Cayenne

I didn't even think of that (sorry) I don't have really large hands, just large and it fits me fine. YMMV with mice size I guess!

Oh I'll get used to it.
I think the side scroller wheel by the thumb will come in handy on video editing...

But those two little buttons by thumb behind the side scroll wheel, I gotta disable those, I keep hitting them occasionally and it shoots my web page all over the place....

C

Upvote 0