Beware Palm Springs Photo Festival

This post is a general warning for all readers to stay away from Palm Springs Photo Festival. It is supposedly rescheduled (due to Covid-19) for September 2020 (from original May date) and now supposedly changed from in-person to online. Since I am not interested in this I have been trying to get a refund, but the online refund says unable to process and I cannot reach them. There was no response to my initial voicemail and now when I tried to call I cannot even leave a voicemail (the message just says "we are closed"). When I sent an email it bounced back saying the address does not exist. There was also no reply when I used their online form. I think they have shut down and run off with $1,400 of mine. STAY AWAY - STAY FAR AWAY!

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
This post is a general warning for all readers to stay away from Palm Springs Photo Festival. It is supposedly rescheduled (due to Covid-19) for September 2020 (from original May date) and now supposedly changed from in-person to online. Since I am not interested in this I have been trying to get a refund, but the online refund says unable to process and I cannot reach them. There was no response to my initial voicemail and now when I tried to call I cannot even leave a voicemail (the message just says "we are closed"). When I sent an email it bounced back saying the address does not exist. There was also no reply when I used their online form. I think they have shut down and run off with $1,400 of mine. STAY AWAY - STAY FAR AWAY!
I hope you paid by credit card and get refunded.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
According to their terms, you have to accept a alternate course if they offer it. I suspect that they are figuring out just what to do, if too many want refunds, the money may not be there any longer. They may offer credit on a future program?

If yu paid by credit card and all the other remedies have passed, you can try for a fee reversal. Credit card claims have a time limitation, so check on that immediately.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Probably just a problem getting through due to Florida being on fire with COVID-19. (I hope). As far as I know, this is a very well-respected event that has drawn world famous instructors (I think I recall seeing that the late Mary Ellen Mark was one of their instructors one year.) I've always wanted to go, but the timing never worked out. Keep trying and let us know what happens.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Probably just a problem getting through due to Florida being on fire with COVID-19. (I hope). As far as I know, this is a very well-respected event that has drawn world famous instructors (I think I recall seeing that the late Mary Ellen Mark was one of their instructors one year.) I've always wanted to go, but the timing never worked out. Keep trying and let us know what happens.
Hey I’m a ‘Floridian’ kinda!

Upvote 0
First of all, Palm Springs is in California, not Florida. (I mean there may be another Palm Springs in Florida, but this is not the one).

Today I checked their site and it showed a slightly modified email address (with "the" added at the front). So I tried that and they did reply and said they could issue a refund either with Zelle (which I don't have and have not heard of until I looked it up just now) or they could send it by mail if I give them my address. I did the latter and we will see if a check ever shows up.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0