Black Friday: Venus Laowa RF 24mm f/14 2x Macro Probe Lens with Built-In Ring Light $1389 (Reg $1599)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Laowa has a Black Friday instant rebate on the Venus Laowa RF 24mm f/14 2x Macro Probe Lens with Built-In Ring Light bringing the price down to $1389 (Reg $1599) on this unique and highly-regarded lens.
The discount applies to both the EF and RF mount versions.
This discount includes free shipping in the USA. The deal runs until December 1, 2021.
Laowa 24mm f/14 2x Macro Probe Lens Key Features

Bug Eye Perspective
2:1 Macro to Infinity Focus
Deep Depth Of Field
Long & Tubular Lens barrel
Tiny Lens Tip
Waterproof Front Barrel
LED Ring Light
Full Frame Coverage

Venus Laowa RF 24mm f/14 2x Macro Probe Lens with Built-In Ring Light $1389 (Reg $1599)
Venus Laowa EF 24mm f/14 2x Macro Probe Lens with Built-In Ring Light $1389 (Reg $1599)

Continue reading...

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
Just hope it doesnt arrive DOA and you have to send it back to China. We were quoted over $200 for shipping back to their and their customer service is very lackluster.
Pretty unlikely that this lens would arrive DOA - it contains only very simple electronics for the LED ringlight, and in my experience Laowa lenses are pretty solidly constructed. Who quoted you that shipping cost? Even fully insured, you could ship something like that to China (from the UK) for less than a third of that figure.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Just hope it doesnt arrive DOA and you have to send it back to China. We were quoted over $200 for shipping back to their and their customer service is very lackluster.
FWIW, I have purchased LAOWA lenses in the past here in the UK, with UK guarantee and no issues whatsoever. They are stunning lenses for the price and despite being Chinese (as if 99% of electronics weren't anyway) it is far from the usual 3rd party brands like your TTartisans, 7Artisans and so on.
Their 100mm F2.8 Macro with 2:1 magnification is an excellent piece of kit for 400 GBP.

I have no use for this probe lens (nor the creativity )but for those who do, being LAOWA wouldn't/shouldnt be a concern. I've seen really cool stuff done with it for product B-roll.

*Just realised that you said $ so I assume you're on the other side of the pond and therefore different rules. 200$ to send a lens back really sucks indeed.

Upvote 0