Canon’s image.canon cloud service is now live

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
If it were well written it would say 'sorry, can't email the picture until you grant permission to contacts' instead of just shutting down and doing nothing.

Anyway you don't need the app to upload photos from the camera - only to view and share them, but you can do it with any browser anyway. Still, read the ToS about the service because it's also designed to gather user data.

Upvote 0
Has anyone made it work? When I take a test picture it just says 'this image cannot be uploaded' after it connects.

I have the same problem with my 5D mk IV. I can only transfer jpeg:s, not CR2 images from my camera. Is something wrong, or isn't the mark IV able to transfer RAW-files? This service would be pretty useless to me if that's the case.

Upvote 0

magarity

CR Pro
Feb 14, 2017
I have the same problem with my 5D mk IV. I can only transfer jpeg:s, not CR2 images from my camera. Is something wrong, or isn't the mark IV able to transfer RAW-files? This service would be pretty useless to me if that's the case.
Wow, that didn't even occur to me but yes, I switched to jpg and the camera uploaded one right away. Raw are still no go.

Upvote 0

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
It looks not a few cameras, including the 5D4, can't send RAW files:

EOS 5D Mark IV / EOS 6D Mark II / EOS 6D / EOS 80D / EOS 70D / EOS 77D / EOS Rebel T7i / EOS Rebel T7 / EOS Rebel T6s / EOS Rebel T6i / EOS Rebel T6 / EOS Rebel SL2 / EOS 200D / EOS 800D / EOS 750D / EOS 760D / EOS 1300D / EOS 1500D / EOS 2000D

(source https://image.canon/st/en/news.html)

Probably they need a firmware update - anyway not a good way to launch such a service.... plus you wonder about the level of testing.

Upvote 0
It looks not a few cameras, including the 5D4, can't send RAW files:

EOS 5D Mark IV / EOS 6D Mark II / EOS 6D / EOS 80D / EOS 70D / EOS 77D / EOS Rebel T7i / EOS Rebel T7 / EOS Rebel T6s / EOS Rebel T6i / EOS Rebel T6 / EOS Rebel SL2 / EOS 200D / EOS 800D / EOS 750D / EOS 760D / EOS 1300D / EOS 1500D / EOS 2000D

(source https://image.canon/st/en/news.html)

Probably they need a firmware update - anyway not a good way to launch such a service.... plus you wonder about the level of testing.

Aaaah, ok. I hope they announce a firmware update for 5D4 asap.

Upvote 0