Canon 100mm IS USM L Macro Photos

This one was with the Kenko 36mm tube.

9211382302_d287917b3a_b.jpg

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
Northstar said:
Thinking of getting a canon extension tube to use with the 100 2.8....is it worth it? Does anyone here use extension tubes on there 100?

Thanks
North
I got the 25mm from canon first and two months back I got the Kenko set too. Have not shot extensively with them but I did not find too much difference in the feel. They both use the same air though ;)

Upvote 0
Northstar said:
Thinking of getting a canon extension tube to use with the 100 2.8....is it worth it? Does anyone here use extension tubes on there 100?

Thanks
North
I use the Kenko set and hace found the 68mm useful at times, but can be awkward to use. I've used them on both the 100mm macro (non-L), where magnification is approaching 2x and the 135 f/2, where it is approaching 1x. Shooting near macro at f/2 brings a whole new artistic world to life, as does using extension tubes on the 24-105 at the wide end.

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
Northstar,
It is entirely possible to have all three Kenko tube installed between your camera and the 100L. I did that. However, it is really necessary to have a very stable support on the system, the minutest movement is going to blur the image.
The image I tried with this setup showed even the scales on a butterfly wing. Though the distance to the object you're photographing is only a few inches, a live butterfly would not stay for you to shoot it, photographically. Mine was a road kill.
-r
PS., the image was not cropped.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,292
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Its not a macro, but is taken with my 100L and seems to fit here as well as anywhere. They were on our kitchen counter, the light wasn't the best, and I let the camera set the aperture to f/3.2 - f/4 when f/8 would have had more depth of field. I'm not going to redo them :) I cropped them, but did not try to correct color balance, so there is very minimal processing if any.

Its the end of the growing season, my little raised garden will likely be frozen out this weekend, so I shot a couple photos of some of the last vegetables.

The tomatoes are a Heirloom Variety (Cherokee Purple), the first that I've ever grown. They are sweet and have a wonderful flavor. Really no comparison for eating quality to the perfect equal sized tomatoes that are great on looks. I used a couple of them to make a pot of chili today, but mostly I just slice and eat them. They are dead ripe when they just have the green shoulders showing at the top.
As for Zucchini... I have one plant, and it is taking over the world ;)

And ... what would a cold rainy fall day be without hot chocolate chip cookies.

Garden%20Vegetables%202013-4117-L.jpg

Garden%20Vegetables%202013-4119-L.jpg

Garden%20Vegetables%202013-4120-L.jpg

Upvote 0