Canon 5DIV raw transfer to Ipad

Hi everyone,

I own a Canon 5DmkIV and an IPAD PRO 11".
I have been trying to transfer my RAW files from the camera to my IPAD since i received the IPAD.
I had big hopes on this in order to backup my photos while travelling.
I am using the original Canon cable that came with the camera and an Apple USB to USB C cable.
It has never worked.
I found a way around by using my Canon 1DX. By inserting my CF cards in the 1DX the transfer works using the original 1DX cable and the same Apple adapter.
But when doing this lightroom doesn't recognise the photos as coming from a Canon camera.

Has anyone been able to transfer RAW photos from their 5DmkIV to their IPAD ?
What about the Canon R5 ?
Any help, comment, feedback appreciated

Vincent

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Hi everyone,

I own a Canon 5DmkIV and an IPAD PRO 11".
I have been trying to transfer my RAW files from the camera to my IPAD since i received the IPAD.
I had big hopes on this in order to backup my photos while travelling.
I am using the original Canon cable that came with the camera and an Apple USB to USB C cable.
It has never worked.
I found a way around by using my Canon 1DX. By inserting my CF cards in the 1DX the transfer works using the original 1DX cable and the same Apple adapter.
But when doing this lightroom doesn't recognise the photos as coming from a Canon camera.

Has anyone been able to transfer RAW photos from their 5DmkIV to their IPAD ?
What about the Canon R5 ?
Any help, comment, feedback appreciated

Vincent
I backed to my iPad 3 years ago when my computer failed on a trip but I’m pretty hazy about the details. It was via a card reader and not directly from the camera. The iPad will automatically download to Photos but I didn’t open there and got them into the files folder. I’ll play with the R5 later to see if it works.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
This just worked for me with the R5 and CFExpress card. Loaded the card into a reader. Opened the card in the iPadPro and copied the .CR3 files into a file labelled Imported photos in the Files folder. Then selected them and opened them in Light Room. I backed them up using an SSD drive. A useful exercise for me as it reminded me how to use this for lightweight travel withou a laptop.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
This just worked for me with the R5 and CFExpress card. Loaded the card into a reader. Opened the card in the iPadPro and copied the .CR3 files into a file labelled Imported photos in the Files folder. Then selected them and opened them in Light Room. I backed them up using an SSD drive. A useful exercise for me as it reminded me how to use this for lightweight travel withou a laptop.
Thanks. I think that I will buy myself a card reader and try your method.

Vincent

Upvote 0