Canon C100II and useless power adapter

Tuke

puɐןuıɟ
May 8, 2015
ıʞuısןǝɥ
I recently bought Canon C100II camera to replace my old Canon XF100 workhorse. Everything is working great, except I can't use a power adapter CA-941 that came with the camera. Cable in the adapter is not long enough!

The power adapter has only 100cm (40') long cable. I can't use it when I’m filming with a tripod. It's not long enough to reach from a ground to the camera. And hanging it by the power plug would definitely damage the camera on the long run. In example Canon XF100 has power adapter CA-930 with 170cm (65') long cable that I can use with a tripod.
Any suggestions how to fix this problem?

Jul 20, 2010
Tuke said:
I recently bought Canon C100II camera to replace my old Canon XF100 workhorse. Everything is working great, except I can't use a power adapter CA-941 that came with the camera. Cable in the adapter is not long enough!

The power adapter has only 100cm (40') long cable. I can't use it when I’m filming with a tripod. It's not long enough to reach from a ground to the camera. And hanging it by the power plug would definitely damage the camera on the long run. In example Canon XF100 has power adapter CA-930 with 170cm (65') long cable that I can use with a tripod.
Any suggestions how to fix this problem?
Hi,
A very easy solution is to just cable tie the power adapter on the tripod leg, so that it won't hang on the power plug.

Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

Tuke

puɐןuıɟ
May 8, 2015
ıʞuısןǝɥ
C4userguy said:
I don't get this post. You want to AC-power the C100/2 during an entire shoot? I've used in-built batteries for years now and I can get through a whole play or a soccer game, etc..
Yeah, I’m shooting whole day events (8+ hrs.) and don’t like to hassle with the batteries. Camera came with the power adapter, so it’s there to be used!

C4userguy said:
What is wrong with packing an extension cord? Really now, no need to bash the C100 for something of this nature.
Common power extension cord won’t fix the problem that I have. And I haven’t found extension cord for the other end.

weixing said:
Hi, A very easy solution is to just cable tie the power adapter on the tripod leg, so that it won't hang on the power plug. Have a nice day.
If that's the solution then the camera should came with zip ties included.

I’m just so baffled about this design. In what kind of situations is this power adapter intended to be used? It can’t recharge the batteries and can’t be used in run-and-gun situation. I believe that my case (shooting on tripod) is just the intended place to use power adapter.

Upvote 0