Canon Celebrates 18th Consecutive Year of No. 1 Share of Global Interchangeable-Lens Digital Camera Market

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
MELVILLE, NY, March 29, 2021– Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced that its parent company, Canon Inc., has maintained the number one share of the global market for interchangeable-lens digital cameras (Digital SLR and mirrorless cameras) for 18 consecutive years1 from 2003 to 2020.
Canon develops their key imaging system components featured in its EOS series of digital interchangeable-lens cameras — CMOS image sensors, image processors and interchangeable lenses — under the core concept of “Speed, Comfort and High Image Quality.” Developing a wide-ranging product lineup — from high-performance flagship models that are highly trusted by professionals to entry-level models that allow users to enjoy high-image-quality shooting with easy operation, as well as a rich selection of 1182 combined RF and EF series lenses that make possible a wealth of creative expression — Canon continues to support the diverse needs of customers.

During the dawn of...

Continue reading...

Jan 29, 2011
Wait, what? Who was the first ILC seller in 2002 if not Canon??
Digital ILC’s, there weren’t that many digital ILC sales in 2002 but it was probably Kodak via Custom Canon and Nikon bodies.

I don’t think there were that many Canon D30 and D60’s sold but I’d have thought the 1D, circa 2001, was a pretty decent seller. I loved mine!

Upvote 0