Canon Celebrates Production Of 100 Million EOS-Series Interchangeable-Lens Cameras

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
MELVILLE, NY, October 9, 2019 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced that its parent company, Canon Inc., celebrated a camera-manufacturing milestone – the production of the Company’s EOS-series silver halide (film) cameras combined with the digital interchangeable-lens cameras surpassing 100 million units* as of September 20, 2019. An EOS R mirrorless camera (released in October 2018) was the 100 millionth EOS-series camera produced, which is a true testament to Canon’s continued dedication to innovation and evolution of the EOS series with its first full-frame mirrorless camera.

(deployads = window.deployads || []).push({});

Boasting an attractive product lineup that caters to a variety of user needs and an extensive series of EF lenses, Canon strives to expand the boundaries of imaging expression. The EOS series has supported many users over its long history and enabled Canon to maintain the Number One share of the global...

Continue reading...

Jan 21, 2015
Canon sold 80 million lenses by August 2012, and 140 million lenses by December 2018. That is 60 million lenses in 6 years, or 10 million lenses a year in the tail the digital revolution.
Interesting statistic... yeah definitely headed in the other direction now. Hopefully it will be a nice bell shaped curve, but I think it will drop off faster.

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
Half a stop, actually---since f/ numbers are the square root of the area which is what matters. (f/1.0 -> f/1.4 = doubling the area, one stop)

Seriously, I hope the purchaser of that 100 millionth camera got a nice piece of swag for it.
OK I was thinking in terms of f/stops but yes I get it :)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0