Canon Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R $149 (Reg $199)

Jul 21, 2010
Have they also discontinued the adapter without the control ring? That is hard to find of late. If that is the case, this is more of a price rise. I've been using the RF system for 2 years now and have yet to use the control ring.
The basic adapter is in stock at B&H, Adorama, and Canon USA, so...no.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
So it is. Couldn't find one a few weeks back.
Probably like most lenses, they are made in batches with gaps rather than being in continuous production, and that means occasional shortages. I ran into that when I wanted to buy the drop-in filter adapter – the filters (vND, CPL and clear) were all readily available, but no one had the adapter itself in stock. I finally found a vendor that had the vND version, RED (the video camera maker, so the vND makes sense and I guess most photographers would not check there).

Upvote 0

Deepboy

Headshot photographer
Jun 28, 2017
Italy
I've been using the RF system for 2 years now and have yet to use the control ring.

In 18 months of R6 I never used, too; but I'm now using it extensively (both on EF-RF adapter and on RF lenses) with the R10, because it misses the third dial to control the triad aperture/shutter/iso.

I set the R10 as the R6, so front dial shutter and top dial iso; aperture is on the control ring on the lens/adapter, which is somewhat natural as it was there on manual aperture lenses (on R6 is of course on the back dial, which is missing from R10).
The iso button on the back of R10 has been reprogrammed to change the white balance.

Upvote 0