Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM

thepancakeman

If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
K-amps said:
Yes she is gorgeous, great capture! However am I the only one in thinking the focus is sharper on the front of the camera she is holding rather than her eyes (maybe it is intentionally done like that... ) ?

I noticed that too. Her face looks soft--but the pattern on the dress which should be in the same place does not. A little post-processing going on?

Upvote 0
Thanks willrobb, handsomerob, briansquibb and K-amps.

The first two images were photographed with a 5D2 using it's center AF point.

K-amps & thepancakeman, good eye. I was shooting at f/2.0 and did not crop so only the camera's in the DoF. As I am not used to shooting portraits with the lens I miscalculated the DoF.

briansquibba I would buy this lens if you need an extra stop of IS, an extra stop of light and the bokeh. If you need neither then the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM is more than sufficient.

Upvote 0
dolina said:

K-amps & thepancakeman, good eye. I was shooting at f/2.0 and did not crop so only the camera's in the DoF. As I am not used to shooting portraits with the lens I miscalculated the DoF.

briansquibba I would buy this lens if you need an extra stop of IS, an extra stop of light and the bokeh. If you need neither then the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM is more than sufficient.

Thanks Dolina... needless to say, it is one heck of a lens!

Upvote 0
K-amps said:
dolina said:

Thanks Dolina... needless to say, it is one heck of a lens!

That it is. That it is.

Here's another shot of the model that ya all like so much. :)

TLR by alabang, on Flickr

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
H

handsomerob

K-amps said:
dolina said:
K-amps said:
You are collecting a lot of applauds my friend :)
Thanks again!

Enough of girls. How about food!

The less people know about how sausages and laws are made, the better they'll sleep at night by alabang, on Flickr

Haha... nice quote on the pic.

+1 hehe :)

dolina said:
That it is. That it is.

Here's another shot of the model that ya all like so much. :)

Superb shot, ty!! Love the laugh :p

Upvote 0