Canon EF 24 f/2.8 IS & EF 28 f/2.8 IS Available for Preorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paul13walnut5

Why would someone buy one of these when they could get the canon 28 f1.8 for $300 cheaper??

Because of the IS? Puh-lease. I'd rather have the 1.8!

I wouldn't. It's soft on the corners even on APS-C. By the time the corners get anywhere near half decent the centres losing it's (very high) resolution through diffraction.

Thats why I bought the f2.8 version. More even at f2.8 and all smaller apertures. The 1.8 is just not a lens where the benefit of the 1.8 has any dividend, as it's virtually unusable wide open.

Upvote 0
J

jd119

cayenne said:
Christian_Stella said:
Focus ring looks annoyingly small for video too.

I'd need to see how good the stabilizing is to pass real judgement for video though. That said, you could pick up the old 24mm for $300 and the Opteka Steadyvid Pro for $179 and an Opteka shoulder rig for $100 and a Chinese rail system on EBay for $60 and Hondo Garage's $50 follow focus and a Manfrotto fluid video head for $129 and have a whole slew of filmmaking rigs for steady picture in any situation for the price of one of these.

Thanks for this info!!
Just curious, with the Opteka shoulder rig...can you attach the Hondo Garage follow focus to it? I see the Opteka is not a rails system....so, wondering how easy/difficult it is to mount other things to it such as the Hondo Garage follow focus, and maybe an external monitor?

TIA,

cayenne

Did you ever find out if the Hondo Garage follow focus works with the opteka rig? I'm looking at this rig on amazon right now and the Hondo Garage follow focus for my 60d.
http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Dual-Grip-Stabilizer-Accessory-Counterweight/dp/B007FSFQVS/ref=sr_1_45?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1340229802&sr=1-45
Thanks,
JD

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.