Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS USM

G

Goincarcrazy

I just recently picked one of these lenses up and figured I'd add some images to the lens sample gallery. This lens is amazingly sharp and amazingly quick to focus once it figures out where it needs to focus. The weight is a killer with this beast though. Sadly I've only tried it out one day in 105 degree heat index, so nothing great. More to come this fall and winter for sure!

6063956995_9c94235eef_b.jpg

6064530390_6c6e6132a5_b.jpg

6067557691_4f119382d1_b.jpg

6068142666_ddfffa81f3_b.jpg

G

Goincarcrazy

Re: Canon EF 600mm f/4 L IS USM

Revup: Well if you got the 400mm 2.8, this and that are about the same weight, and after a couple outings of using of a tripod and monopod, I ditched em both and just handhold this lens wherever I go. The IS is a lifesaver really. You eventually get used to it after a couple outings of hurting arms, but just remember, always lift the lens, not the camera. It'll rip the mount right out of the body if you let it dangle.

Noodles: I use photoshop, but I generally don't do a whole lot other than just contrast, levels, some unsharp mask, and MAYBE a couple of adjustments to get rid of annoying distractions (darn sticks and leaves). But its usually just basic stuff.

TexPhoto: I like the cars too...much more cooperative and fun to watch!

And of course thanks all for the compliments!

Upvote 0

revup67

Memories in the Making
Dec 20, 2010
Southern California
www.flickr.com
Re: Canon EF 600mm f/4 L IS USM

Code:
Revup: You eventually get used to it after a couple outings of hurting arms, but just remember, always lift the lens, not the camera.  It'll rip the mount right out of the body if you let it dangle.

So true... After a short while I got used to the 400mm (5.6 though)..it was an initial shocker but as you say you get used to it. When mounted, I always grab it by the neck.

Upvote 0