Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III will be announced on Monday, and we are just posting a summary of the known features and specifications for the new camera. There are still some questions to be answered, specifically what processors the camera is going to use. We suspect the camera will have at least dual DIGIC 9 processors. The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is going to need a lot of processing power to match its RAW video and buffer specifications.
Will it have DPAF?
Yes, it will, with a caveat. You will get DPAF in 1080p and 4K at 23p/24p/30p. You will not get DPAF in 4K 50p/60p or RAW video shooting.
The WFT-E9 wireless transmitter is all-new for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III and will be announced alongside the new flagship Canon DSLR. Canon is boasting industry-leading file transfer speeds and reliability.
What is HEIF?
High Efficiency Image File Format (HEIF), also known as High Efficiency Image Coding (HEIC), is a file format for individual images and image sequences. It was...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

H. Jones

Photojournalist
Aug 1, 2014
Is the first spec list not just literally the 1Dx mark II specs? The list with 20 megapixels even says Cfast 2.0 and 16 fps, and the mark III definitely uses CF Express. Also says no log recording. I cant find anything in the first "leaked" list that isn't from the 1DX mark II. The other spec list that says pixels not specified looks much more accurate.

Edit: as Pekr also just pointed out, Dual Digic 6+ is also the same as 1Dx mark II.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
Hmmm.... I do not think Canon would dare to make such an mini-evolution of their flag-ship. Not in an Olymic year in Japan. Alkso keep in mind the 24MP of the A9....
Cannot believe this are the final specs.
Where do they have these specs? Maybe someone wrot older specs into "specs sheets" as an placeholder

bhphotovideo writes: CFexpress

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2018
First reaction: Oh, come on Canon! Why? What's up with the mediocre spec advancements for another $5,500?
giphy.gif

10 minutes later after considering all options: Well, I can't switch systems and lenses after spending all that money, and Canon did give me a few more fps and more focal points in live-view than the previous model, so...

tenor.gif

But then yet, the real specs haven't been released yet, so there is still hope!....maybe.

tenor (1).gif

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,048
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0