Canon EOS M6 Mark II - Black or Silver? Vote!

++k

Jul 27, 2019
So far black leads 8 : 2.

I generally agree with most of the arguments - black being more practical and durable, but silver being sexier. Not sure that reflections on silver are really an issue. But I am quite disappointed to learn that silver is actually fake painted plastic. My first DSLR long time ago was a silver plasticky 300D, and it really didn't age well. I tried to take good care of it, but regardless even the tiniest scratches were quite visible and ugly. Since I plan to use M6 II for at least 3-4 years and probably take multiple 100K photos, black is definitely a way to go. Thank you so much for helping me make a decision!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
I went with silver because I've been waiting for a silver "casual" camera for a very long time. My AE-1 and FTb are both silver and it's a look that I just really enjoy. It doesn't really look "professional" for sure, but the M cameras are my travel cameras and it's looks great. If I buy a second one to replace my M5 or M50 then I will certainly get black.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
I don't know which I would buy if I were in the market. The add-on EVF would discourage me, and for now my mirrorless needs are taken care of by the G5X II. It's EVF is not great, but is welcome for composition out in bright sunlight, and just pops right up when needed, and out of the way when not.

But I like the look of the silver model, probably because it reminds me a bit of my old FT-QL, and therefore looks nostalgic.

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
The only camera that looks good in silver is the Leica M7, so I vote black :D
Agree.
But anyway, every real M camera (Leica, of course), looks great in chrome.
"M" is Leica, period!
For the Canon, I'd choose black, scratches are indeed ugly on a chrome painted body.

Last edited:
Upvote 0