Canon EOS R5 Firmware v1.5.2

DJL329

EOS R5
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2010
www.flickr.com
Saw a post on FB that Canon Malaysia had posted Firmware version 1.5.2 for the R5.

I thought the link was bogus, so I searched for Canon Malaysia, went to the official site and found it there.

Edit: I searched Canon USA, Canada and UK, but did not find 1.5.2 anywhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Jul 23, 2021
At least you now appear to be in a very tiny minority. That's progress!

Be sure to contact Canon with all the details.
I also own my R5 for about 10 months, and I never had any freeze with the original firmware.
I'm scared with updates now, when I read the forums ! So for the moment, I prefer staying with my old firmware and have no issue...

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I also own my R5 for about 10 months, and I never had any freeze with the original firmware.
I'm scared with updates now, when I read the forums ! So for the moment, I prefer staying with my old firmware and have no issue...
I reinstalled version 1.4. Yesterday, I toke about 2200 pics without any problem...

Upvote 0
Jul 23, 2021
Could we suspect a few electronic componants changes due to worldwide shortages, explaining differences between R5 production series about freezing ?
FW 1.4 never caused any freeze on my R5, but some people seem to have had this issue on some R5 with FW1.4 too... Strange.
We know that CFe cards can be a problem, but many photographers didn't change anything betweend FW versions and saw freezes appear however...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0