Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Yesterday we reported the first sure-fire specifications for the upcoming Canon EOS R6 Mark II. A few more specifications have made it to us, and we see some ‘first-time’ features we do believe.
Canon EOS R6 Mark II Specifications (New information in bold)

24mp Full-frame CMOS Sensor
Dual Pixel RAW / RAW burst
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
In-body stabilization
Digital Tele-Converter
12fps Mechanical
Hybrid Auto
4K 30p (No Crop)
4K 60p (Cropped. The EOS R6 is a 1.1x crop)
Canon Log 3/HDR PQ
Cloud RAW processing
RF/RF-S Lenses
SD/SDHC dual card slot
Not...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

dennishensphoto

Wedding & Family Photographer based in Belgium
Aug 11, 2021
www.dennishens.com
I'm happy to see a new version of the R6, but no idea what to think of this :) Maybe form factor of the R5 with the screen on top, better EVF, bigger screen, slight bump in megapixels.... might still be ok, but why not the 30mp sensor then...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I'm happy to see a new version of the R6, but no idea what to think of this :) Maybe form factor of the R5 with the screen, better EVF, bigger screen, slight bump in megapixels.... might still be ok, but why not the 30mp sensor then...
The 24.1mp BSI sensor already exists (it's the best sensor that Canon has ever made by many metrics), and it's cheaper to use something that you're already producing instead of retooling for something new or continuing to produce something 'old' in the case of the 20.2mp sensor.

Reactions: 12 users
Upvote 0
The R6 has a 1.1x crop.

Oh didn't know!
But still, the specs are the same besides the megapixels. Well, we shall wait and see what comes next.
I have an R, and I want to buy a new camera mostly for video(I'll do photography as well), and R6 is a very good choice. No 4k 120 but I can live with that. But I might wait for the final specs of this new R6. I'll make a choice after Christmas

Upvote 0

Traveler

EOS R6
Oct 6, 2019
This is exactly where I'm at. Spec-wise the R6 would be great for me but I know I'm going to really miss that top LCD (Coming off a 5D MkIII). Clicked on this hoping it might be making it on, looks like we're going to be disappointed
People say you’ll get used to it. But after a year using it it’s still frustrating not to have the top LCD. I was seriously thinking of getting back to the R…

Upvote 0
Oh didn't know!
But still, the specs are the same besides the megapixels. Well, we shall wait and see what comes next.
I have an R, and I want to buy a new camera mostly for video(I'll do photography as well), and R6 is a very good choice. No 4k 120 but I can live with that. But I might wait for the final specs of this new R6. I'll make a choice after Christmas
If new sensor is bsi stacked, then it will be completely different camera. Stop judging cameras using only one characteristic - resolution.

Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0

HMC11

Travel
CR Pro
Sep 5, 2020
I kept thinking that the R6 II makes sense, although I had expected the specs improvement to be somewhat more substantial than a better sensor with a small gain mpx. However, it might actually be quite attractivei if it has the R3 sensor, notably one of the best around, and that this 'small' improvement means that it will likely be priced similarly to the R6 launch price of $2399.

Upvote 0
R6 mark1 has the 1Dx Mark3 sensor, top of the line to relise date. It is logical to assume, that R6 Mark2 will have top of the line 24mp bsi stacked sensor from R3.
Wish it will have top lcd and mode dial like R5.

R6M2 has to compete with Sony A9 line, so it needs fast sensor, capable of shooting without mechanical shutter.

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
This is exactly where I'm at. Spec-wise the R6 would be great for me but I know I'm going to really miss that top LCD (Coming off a 5D MkIII). Clicked on this hoping it might be making it on, looks like we're going to be disappointed
Having moved from the 7d2 to the r6, I initially thought I would miss the top screen as well but tbh, with the amount of info available in the viewfinder I never feel the need for the top screen anymore.

Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
As someone about to upgrade from Rp to R6 within the next 6-8 weeks… I have no idea what to do
Look at the list price of the R6 and think that the Mk II will be at least half a year to a year at this price or even 15% more.
If it really has the R3 sensor, it might be worth waiting.
If you struggle with the higher price, go get R6 now.
From my experience (trying out in shop) the EVF, the AF and the sensor performance of the R6 is much better than your RP.
If you are willing to wait to buy best for higher price, just wait.
Maybe with more information, the price of the "old" R6 might drop...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0