Canon EOS R7

Recently experienced something unusual and wondered if anyone else has experienced it. I was using my R7 with my RF 100-500 lens attached on a tripod and when I went to focus on a duck on the lake, the auto focus wouldnt work. There was also no box or any other indication of function. I then tried to manual focus and that wouldnt work either. Tried turning camera off and on again, still no function. Checked all settings and they were fine. Hadnt made any changes to my settings since the previous time I used.
I next tried swapping camera bodies with my R6 and it worked perfectly. Took a few pics then swapped back with my R7. It then worked perfectly and has worked fine since.
Any thoughts as to why this may have happened?

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
The usual way of fixing freezes is to remove the battery and reinsert. If you didn't do that and the camera started working by simply removing and then replacing the lens, then it doesn't sound like a freeze. One possibility could be a communication problem between the lens and the body, perhaps some dirt on a contact. So, did the camera and lens work and then suddenly stop when you were aiming at the duck or didn't it work immediately on putting the lens on it?

Upvote 0